Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2254821 06/16/12 09:04 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Happy Father's Day to all the great dads here on the bb! Many of you exemplify what "being a Dad" is all about. You have stayed strong for your kids, stayed involved with your kids, some of you single parent your kids or at least step in as Mom and Dad on many occasions. I tip my hat to you.

There is no more important job in the world than that of a parent. And we only have our children for a short time. We have to give them wings and let them fly. Teach them morals, ethics, responsibility and it all happens in a relatively short time span.

I am blessed to have a wonderful Dad. I will be visiting him on Tuesday for Father's day. As well, I found a really nice card for Josh - not for their "real" dad but one who is there for Ryan and our kitties all the time.

My ex had asked to see Ryan this w/e. Last year he did the same. That forced me to go get him a gift and card from Ryan. UGH - he sure wouldn't do the same for me despite the fact I continue to do it all for him. But I do it because Ryan would want that. (I think). My other 2 have not mentioned Father's Day. Ash said her dad was MIA. Brandon called him last week to see why they hadn't heard anything from him. So I doubt he will get Father's Day this year.

He last texted me 6 days ago "Keep me posted about Ryan". Umm - yeah right. He knows how to pick up a phone and ask. I have enough people to stay in touch with. Ask and I shall answer. Unless there's something I really would want to share with his dad.

So back to you great dads. Enjoy! Relax. Go golfing. Have a beer. Watch tv. But let someone else cut the grass for a change!

Barb

K
K
I agree. Happy Father's Day to all of you that stay involved with your kids even when it has been difficult. Being a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs out there. Keep showing your kids a great role model. They won't forget it.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Hear hear!!! In the 10 years I have been on the bb - I have known many men who go above and beyond in the lives of their children. You are an inspiration! You have learned that you have to be involved in the good time and the bad. And raising kids is no picnic.

No one said it would be easy - they just said it would be worth it!

Barb

#2254982 06/17/12 05:27 PM
S
OP Offline
S
My daughter Ashley just texted me...

"Happy Father's Day to the mom who took on the role of both!"

That makes me feel great!

I texted back that I was going to see my Dad on Tuesday enroute to Florida but my spell check wrote...

"Stopping in Niagara. Totalled Papa for lunch".

Ummm...

what can I say - my fingers are as fast as my mouth and get out of control. LOL

Barb

K
K
Lol! Too good!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard