Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
WOW!!!! Our longtime DB friend who posted on here for several years just remarried. Qoe who we affectionally call Jilly Bean just announced her Marriage on Facebook. She has been with her new man for the past couple of years and was undoubtedly very happy. Still - this is a real surprise. And a good one!

So, please join me in congratulating one of the sweetest girls I know. Someone who has come full circle. She has certainly Moved On and life is grand!!!!

Barb

Congatulations Qoe. Wishing you every happiness.Fantastic start for 2010.
Barb, happy christmas to you and yours and all the "old timers" and may 2010 bring us all peace, joy and contentment.
I shall raise a glass to you all at midnight.

K
K
Yehawwww!!
Isnt it great? and here she said she'd never marry again, never say never!
I told her she should come visit the board and share her experience, on how life does go on and better then ever, as we know Barb, there are some wonderful people out there, one bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch girl hahaha

Congrats to my dear dear friend Jill, love you girly!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Karen,

I thought you would get married before Jill. After all - you got engaged first. And so many thought I'd get married first - I think I've been with Josh the longest. But - each of us does what is best for them in their own situation. I sure think it's cool that Jilly surprised all of us. And I KNOW she is really happy with Jim.

So - I want to know what everyone thought of "It's Complicated". I just found it hit home in so many ways except the fact I will NOT have anything to do with maggot. I really wanted to strangle Alec Baldwin - LOL! Reminded me so much of my ex. And then Meryl with my blonde hair. And dark haired, foreign "Agnes" aka "maggot". Ha! All I can say is - I hope ex and maggot go see the movie. Might make maggot squirm! LOL!

On another note - heard John Tesh talking about a 150 year old law that you can sue the person who your spouse had an affair with. Yep - wouldn't that be sweet????

Ha, but life goes on. Got big plans for NYE with my honey. Remember how many years I was on here and had a party for all? I think Valentines day and NYE are the toughest of all when you're suddenly single. Not anymore.

To anyone who is reading this - my ex left 8 years ago. And at this point all I can say is...

THANK YOU!!!!

Barb

H
H
Congratulations Queenie! It's a good thing I stopped by after such a long absence to hear her good news. I know I'll never remarry, but it's good to know that some can take the plunge. Hi Barb, Hi Karen.

B
B
Blessings and well wishes to Jilly!!!!!!! So wonderful to see the happiness that can be achieved when we rise above the bad!

Quote:
To anyone who is reading this - my ex left 8 years ago. And at this point all I can say is...

THANK YOU!!!!

Barb

My X left 3 yrs ago, divorce was final almost 2 years ago, and I too say thanks. And a big thanks to the new Mrs. X who was deluded (dense, dimwitted) enough to think he was worth taking! LOL

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Happy!

BND: That's it. But those women did something terrible no matter how they look at it and I think they will pay the price for it in more ways than one.

I LOVE not having Ex around here anymore and now since all the kids are grown - we do not even converse. Yes - this is better.

Barb

Quote:
and now since all the kids are grown - we do not even converse. Yes - this is better.

I absolutely agree, Barb. Once the kids are grown and the need to have a conversation is gone life seems to be just a little brighter, doesn't it. Well, that and the fact that my X got remarried and is currently dealing with 1 year old twin boys. My fiancé and I sit back and laugh. Life is good.

Many Congrats to Jill and her new husband.

Happy New Year, Survivors!
*hugs*
~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
D
D
Bsrb,

It's wonderful to read that those who have done the work can arrive at a point in our lives where love embraces us again.

I hope your sister Leenie is doing well (met her at the Virginia Beach weekend back in 1993) and it's wonderful to read that you and Josh continue to thrive. Have a very Happy New Year!

Bob

Me 52, STBEX 52
D 17, S 12
M 20 years
Em Sep since 2002, Phys Sep Sept 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Cis (SWL),

Mine still comes to the driveway to pick up Ashley or Ryan but he arranges it through Ash & Ryan's nurse. Not me - not for over 2 years now. He married maggot but still seems to be the same "kid". Told Ash he got a Wii for Christmas and loves to play his games. he does not have any kids at home LOL!

1 year old twins??? Ha - looks good on them. Be sure to see It's complicated. You'll get a kick out of it.

Barb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard