Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Star Wars reminded me a lot about the first one, a fun flick. Got about 5 hours of sleep and got up to movie some furniture around so that I could get windows installed in the back of my house.

That are is always so cold. Hopefully this will help on my heating bills. smile Should pay for them selves in a couple of years I hope. So happy t be on vacation. It is much needed but I will still be working my second job. Can't totally give that money up over the holidays.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My girls are with their Dad's this week and I have been trying to help my youngest son while they get their house ready to move in to. I have been watching my ever happy granddaughter. This wonderful doll baby rarely cries and is just fun to watch her explore her toys.

But is it really Christmas in just two days? All of the presents are bought but I really get beat down with wrapping. Especially since all of that work is undone in just a few short minutes. But I love surprising people and hopefully bringing a smile to they face and hearts. Time to get wrapping.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends. May you enjoy your families and friends and a present or too! Watch the egg nog, it can sneak up on you. smile
Keep warm and safe and enjoy the spirit as it flows through us all.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I didn't get either job. I suppose I really am looking at the wrong place because I have never had such a hard time finding a job before. The universe is letting me know that I need to be looking else where and maybe not take the easiest way out.

Tomorrow my granddaughter turns one! She has been such a joy this past year. D17 just dotes on her and baby loves her in return. D15 still hasn't really warmed up to her( I swear it is Aspergers). Anyway, birthday party early afternoon, Chiefs late afternoon and KU Basketball at 8. I am going to have an awesome day, especially if both of my teams win. smile

Hope the New Year is off to a great start for all of you!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Hugs to one of my favorite Grandmas! Congratulations to all of you for finding happiness in a very crazy year. BTW, some people just aren't baby people. Your D15 might be one of them. My guess is when she's 2 and more of her personality has come out, you'll see some movement here...

Quote:
The universe is letting me know that I need to be looking else where and maybe not take the easiest way out.

Obi Wan would be really proud of you for realizing this for what it undoubtedly is. So what's the plan?

More hugs,
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am going to take this long weekend and really look at my options. Might be time to break down and go visit my meditation gal for some clarity. I feel like I am in a video game and keep bouncing off of walls! Obi-wan help!!

How did the move go? I hope things move quickly on your house, even I might miss it and I was only there a few days!

Hugs back at ya,
kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wow has it really been over a month since I have been on here? I just had the most dreadful weekend and am fighting like heck to make this week turn out right.

Old dishwasher was leaking and flooded my kitchen floor. Went and ordered a new one. Took a half day off Friday to accept delivery and have it installed. They show up over a n hour past the time They said and then won't install it because I don't have a shutoff valve under the sink. They don't care that I know where the main is and have shut it off. I do have a shutoff it is just in the Passover behind my kitchen sink.

I just said I don't know what I am going to do but I don't want them to just leave it. So I take D17 to the basketball game her half of the band has to play at. After the game she texts me that she is ready for me to get here and unbeknownst to either of us she has lost her phone. I find this out Saturday, right before the KU game. Her Dad has got a call from some guy that found it, I need to go get it. I call the guy and he demands $30.00! Oh extortion and all, if I hadn't already had a bas start and I was thinking straight, I would have called the cops and had me meet the good Samaritan.

Anyway after the game, I am trying to clean and discover that my toilet isn't filling up. I check it on line and see what I need to fix it. Go get needed part. When I get home it seems to be working just a bit slower. Anyway second son comes over yesterday and I ask him to help me get the part out as I don't have a lot of upper arm strength. He says sure it is easy, he just did this at his house. Well helpful son breaks off the part and neither one of us can get it out. I have to call the plumber. Fixed really quick and left me broke. Around 10, when I was getting ready for bed, I notice the tank leaking. Now I am getting the whole darn thing replaced.

Whew, My good news is that I am planning my trip to Rwanda to see the mountain gorillas. It will take me a couple of years to save enough but I am going to do it. If my darn house doesn't bleed me dry first!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Oh, man, Kat, that totally bites. I'm bummed for you! Looks like Murphy left Denver and headed east on I-70 to your house.

My past month has been filled with Murphy and the antics around "whatever can go wrong will go wrong". Murphy can't get evicted so you have to wait him out and let him go on his own. Yeah I know. It's a bummer.

Keep your eyes focused on what you want, and this will pass. I promise.

Oh, and an big, old e-hug from me.

xxoo
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hopefully tomorrow will go just fine and my dishwasher will be up and running. Best scenario is that the delivery people will install it. If not, my neighbor is willing to help me.

I have D15's glasses replaced. I bought an extra pair for good measure. smile The toilet has been replaced and the dishwasher is the last big thing at the moment.

I will not on wood that Murphy is gone tonight and thank my lucky stars that tomorrow is Friday!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That should be "knock."

Please let us edit. I hate making typos and not being able to fix them!!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard