NOTICE: We are running maintenance and pruning the forums this week and next. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them asap, as they may be deleted.
WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THE FORUMS UP AND RUNNING.
HOWEVER, THERE MAY BE TIMES DURING THIS PROCESS WHEN THEY ARE DOWN.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Infidelity/Extramarital Affairs/Jealousy
Jump to new posts Re: 1 step forward, 1000 steps back - part 5 by Wonka @ 08/30/14 05:52 PM

It is a really sweet interaction with H. Now back to your real-life GAL. And shut that nagging little ego inside your head feeding you evil thoughts about "forcing his hand" at some point. Shut down that silly and stupid innner voice
For Newcomers
Hopetex. I truly hope you have a good lawyer. I AM NOT A LAWYER, but here is what I have learned. In Texas, if you have been married 10 years or more, she is entitled to spousal support for up to 5 years. I don't claim to know the formula, but if
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: First post - My WAH story by Jacket @ 08/30/14 05:50 PM

The stupidity continues. I texted him about the library books again, and he claims he returned them. Now he's wanting to know why I don't want to include the piece about us attending MC for a year. When I say that I want to keep it simple and that w
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 05:49 PM

Yes, you're right. I just need to find something. I thought I might try and find somewhere to teach me about cooking because I hate it and I may need to become better at it you know. But I'm a veggie, and I still hate it ;-) Hate is probably too st
Surviving the Big D
Jump to new posts Re: Dating, texting and more texting by JCJ @ 08/30/14 05:44 PM

Lol you are giving me encouragement to go on! It's quite exhausting dating though. That's why I avoided online as all the messaging, I just don't have the time or investment so early on in a 'relationship', I don't know what the term would be. I have
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: This is terrifying - I hope you understand by Shakspr @ 08/30/14 05:40 PM

Okay, strange new emotion today. W is out of town at an aunt's (good woman - practically her Mom)after dropping off SS, 15, at his Dad's. She said she was staying overnite with Aunt, but is still not home. And I find myself not caring. Whether sh
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: DB PURGE COMING by job @ 08/30/14 05:37 PM

Cadet, No, I did not make copies of all my posts. I had tons of posts and many of them were outdated and needed to be purged. I kept a few and the Pursuit and Distance thread was not one of them. However, I do have the first posting from that part
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: barely holding on - 3 by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 05:33 PM

u-turn & dawgy. I hear you re: the kids. They really help me keep a PMA. I will be equally devasted when they find out. I'm just wondering what to tell them. WAW is surely going to try to dress it up as joint decision which I won't be happy wit
Infidelity/Extramarital Affairs/Jealousy
K, so I was committed to staying away from the boards until after labor day but then something that seems possibly significant occurred. So I thought I better post.. H came by this evening to pick up the kids to take them school shopping. We both
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Maybell @ 08/30/14 05:21 PM

Breaking the day up can be a good thing. I live in a smallish town too but we have a wine shop that offers classes and other events. The public library has book clubs and speakers. School & sports events for the kids always welcome volunteers a
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 05:11 PM

He does. But it seems to me that the loudest shouting is generally for the poorest arguments. smile Darn right! I was hoping to watch la Vuelta d'Espanya but WAW is in front of the TV - it's 10pm here in Blighty now. Not very ambitious i know. I sp
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Hurt and Confused 3 by pilot @ 08/30/14 05:06 PM

Old Dog, from the LBS perspective, yea, it is the end of the line. Not necessarily a decision to never work on the M in the future, but a realization (and through action) that you are truly going to move on with your life without your spouse
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Maybell IX by Maybell @ 08/30/14 05:02 PM

Thank you, Old Dog.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Hurt and Confused 3 by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 05:01 PM

Is dropping the rope really the end of the line? i.e. not a strategy, but yeah, whatever, you win, do what you will.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Not sure what to do by Bob1967 @ 08/30/14 05:00 PM

I am here. I have been unable to get on the forum until just now. To answer questions: My wife divorced her first husband because she cheated on him. They married young and she married him for his money (her words not mine). When she divorced him
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Inside my chrysalis by Joe1981 @ 08/30/14 04:59 PM

Kicking butt and taking names. Great job! Have a blast.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: barely holding on - 3 by MLP @ 08/30/14 04:58 PM

U-turn Have had almost exact same conversation with my H. Stop having R talks. Detach. It's all script.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Hurt and Confused 3 by pilot @ 08/30/14 04:57 PM

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I think the question is valid for oad as well as others reading. But would you not agree that dropping the rope and 'loving detachment' are different in execution? If so, why is loving detachment promoted far m
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: barely holding on - 3 by u-turn @ 08/30/14 04:54 PM

Thanks all I may be doing alright with the kids. With W is another story. We may have hit another obstacle this morning and some backsliding. We had a conversation this morning: more like I talked she listened then she talked and I listened (not r
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Maybell @ 08/30/14 04:53 PM

He does. But it seems to me that the loudest shouting is generally for the poorest arguments. What are you doing to GAL today?
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 04:50 PM

Maybell, you're right of course, and as I mentioned, I think something has shifted in my psyche and just maybe I'll be able to learn to detach a little better, not have any expectations and ride it out. The devil on your shoulder is the guy that say
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Hurt and Confused 3 by sandi2 @ 08/30/14 04:50 PM

Where I have seen it most effective is in the beginning of the stitch. However, I have also seen some cases where after a year or two, the LBH would "give up" (not necessarily file) but he would finally drop the rope.....for real. When it
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Maybell IX by Old Dog @ 08/30/14 04:45 PM

After my miserable day (Is that wallowing? Damn! I think it may be.), it's really nice to read that your situation is getting better Maybell.
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: Nitty in a Nutshell (Help! I'm in a nutshell!) by Lifes Twists @ 08/30/14 04:45 PM

Hi Nitty, I can understand where you are coming from. It is extremely hard not to read too much into these positive interactions. People who are doing what we are doing are the glass half full kind of people rather than glass half empty. We see hope
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Old dog seeks new trick 3 by Maybell @ 08/30/14 04:38 PM

What makes you feel so hopeless? Even if things get worse before they get better doesn't mean they can't get better.
Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004