Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
S
S
I am so sorry. I am sending out all my thought, prayers and good wishes your way. Please post if you need anything.
A

Even though I'm new to this part of the message board, please know that I am praying for you and your kids. Focus on them, as they will lift you. And they will remember your strength always.

Lost Dutchman,
I have never posted on this forum but check in from time to time. I am sorry for you diagnosis and as with everyone else, I will keep you and the little ones in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything post and I'm sure that you will get the help you request.

God Bless,
Patty

T
TC Offline
T
Hello Dutchman....I want to address the "prognosis" the doctors gave you. My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in Sept. 2000. It was stage 3b. They told us she had 1 to 2 months to live without doing the chemo and 1 to 2 years to live with doing the chemo. Well, my mom did the chemo right away and also radiation. She has been in remission for a year and a half. She went back to work full-time right after the chemo was done. Next month will be 2 years since she was diagnosed. She is doing soooo great. I thank God everyday for this miracle. Miracles happen every day. I will be praying for you. Nobody can put a number on your days, only God can do that. Please do not listen to their predictions. Be strong, do all you can do to fight this! Never give up, never, ever give up! TC

LD,
You have my thoughts and prayers also. I can't imagine what you must be going thru worrying about your children.

I am a nurse, I agree with TC, the doctors give you stats about the prognosis, but each case is different. It is up to only God to know how long each of us will live. Put your faith in Him, and trust him to take care of everything.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

SB

T
T
I'm very sorry to hear your news. You and your kids will be in my thoughts at this difficult time. I agree with others; try to remain positive - I know it's not going to be easy but do try. I believe a positive attitude can have a very positive affect on things.

LD -

I am so sorry to hear your news. You will certainly be in my thoughts.

I urge you not to take the Doc's word at face value and hope you can find some positive treatment that will help you out. The science writer Jay Gould was diagnosed with a nasty cancer years ago. He researched treatments and wrote a really amazing article about cancer treatment and how to interpret the statistics: it's VERY different than a layman would think. I'll see if I can find it online for you....he died only recently.

Ed

T
TC Offline
T
Hi Ed....fantastic article! Thanks for sharing that with us. Dutchman...please read it! It is so true. We never told my mom in the early stages of her diagnosis what the doctors said about her prognosis, as she never asked. She just had the attitude "okay, let's get this chemo started, let's fight this thing, I ain't done living yet". I am sure she realizes now, 2 years later, what her prognosis was. But, she continues to amaze her oncologist and all her friends and family. I cried and cried when she was first diagnosed and we were told "one to two years". My husband finally told me "you can't grieve her, Tracie, she is still living. She needs you to be positive and strong for her." That made a lot of sense to me. I don't mean to make light of your situation. It must just be devastating. But, attitude is everything here, and I am just wanting to share with you that miracles do happen...I see it in my mom every day! TC

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am thinking about you. Try to keep a positive outlook.

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Hopeful
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard