Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
OP Offline
Over the past few months I have had on and off stomach problems and thought that my discomfort was either from my over indulgence of the hot and spicy foods that I really love or an ulcer that was completely stressed-related for going through the hell that I have gone through over the past year.

Well If only I was to be so lucky...

After a ton of tests and and lastly a biopsy a week ago..I spent yesterday with a oncologist and has diagnosed me with gastric lymphomas. So that means stomach cancer...

The outlook and prognosis “possibilities” are 50/50 response to chemotherapy after surgery. That an average of 12 months of life could be achieved, or even as short as 6 months.

The chances of complete remission are more remote and less then 1-2% for total recovery and this all depends on surgery, chemo and how far it's really progressed after surgery. I am scheduled for surgery next week.

He strongly advised me to make prime directives and make my life plans accordingly right now.

So now I am faced the reality of all this and telling this to my immediate family, my two young children who are 2 and 6 and finally the x-wife from hell. I am only 36 and facing the reality that I could be dead in 12 months or even shorter. No one has any idea of this as I did not want to alarm anyone.

I am overwhelmed with a fury of emotions, anger, sadness, hopelessness and in tears since yesterday and extremely depressed knowing that I am literally “alone” in my shortened life now.

quote:
PLEASE I ask for all and everyone's prayers in explaining this to my family tomorrow. I have no contact order with my X, so I am preparing a fax to send to her attorney Monday. I would have preferred to meet with her and explain face to face but that is not possible. I guess I can only beg and plead that that she let me see the children as much as possible now, more then ever...under the circumstances...I hope she has a heart somewhere buried in her...
-Lost Dutchman

GG Offline
LD,
Oh my God...I don't know what to say except you are in my prayers. I can't believe after all that has happened...now this. I pray she can find enough compassion in her heart to allow you to see the kids. This is such a shock. Call me if I can do anything.
GG

LD

I am sorry this is happening to you.

DD

((((hugs))))

I pray for your children that they will know how concerned you are for their future, almost more than your own. I pray that your XW can open her heart to be there for you and her children. I pray for God to give you strength and peace along with a good prognosis in surgery.

We are here for you, please know that!

Take Care!

LD
This must really be difficult. I don't know what your religious beliefs are. If you are looking for verifiable evidence that the Bible and its promises of a resurrection are true, please email me at EBTon3@aol.com.
Blair

Blair
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost Dutchman,

I am so sorry! If you need somebody to talk to, please feel free to email me rayannedber@yahoo.com
((((((((LD)))))))))

rayanne

Sending you a hug. I will pray for you and your family. Please remember we are here and will "talk" anytime you want. There is always someone awake on the board. Keep us informed and try not to hold everything inside.
Gail

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Hopeful
LD,

your story makes me so sad.

i hope your XW remembers the love you once had and is able to be a real friend to you during this time and give you all the support you need.

i hope you get to spend as much time with your kids as you can.

please keep us all updated and know that we are all thinking of you and praying.

S
S
I can't imagine how you feel and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck my friend.

Markz

Dutchman,
I am a Missouri Lawyer, If you want to run anything by me I would be happy to give you my free thoughts (EBTon3@aol.com).
Blair

Blair
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard