Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
L...that thought did cross my mind. I never asked her what her plans are the superbowl as it is non of my business but she has always been very vague about what she is doing today. She hates football but has watched the playoff games as well which for a girl in Texas who hates football and since Dallas is out it doesn't make sense why she would care.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
L
L
Keep texting her "did you get my text until she answers" lol.

Is dating even fun for you? Seems awful stressful.

G
G
I hate football but I like wings, beer, and gambling, so I go to a party and pay attention once a year. Mainly to see if I won money in my pool.

She’s vague About her plans because it’s none of yo business! She’s not going to tell you what she is doing all the time yet.

Relax and have some Super Bowl fun with your girls

J
J
If your unsure... you can send her a funny link to something that relates to both of you. Thats something that gives her a way to respond. But it stays on non pursuing - something you would share with your friend - type of communication

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
T
OP Offline
T
I guess her falling asleep is possible. No...I wont be blowing up her phone. It's fun but I am in uncharted territory with being on 5 dates with someone that seems normal. Either they have blown up my phone from the start or only lasted a couple.

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Give it until Wednesday for her to respond and if not call or text and set up your next date.

K
kml Offline
K
I wouldn't wait until Wednesday. She already told you pretty much that she'd like you to text her more often. Don't obsess about one little unanswered text. Try just texting her a friendly good morning or good night.

As for the std thing - she's a doctor and well aware of the risks of STDs. Save yourself some time and go get tested now. Then you'll have recent results to show her.

Meanwhile I'm still concerned that your posts are still all about whether she likes you and whether she'll end up sleeping with you. What about what you are seeing in her, good and bad, and whether you think she is a good match for you?

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry went to church. She texted me around 9 this am said she zonked out, I just replied and said I figured as much and to have a great day. I am paraphrasing.

I like that she takes care of herself physically, spiritually, and emotionally. She has also has a relationship with God and I think from what I know she would be a good influence with my daughters. I have also realized that she is very talkative, affectionate, and seems to be open to anything. I am starting to get the impression she likes to have fun.

My dislikes/concerns so far. She is a nerd, would much rather listen to Ted's talks while working out than music. She is not into sports and doesnt seem athletic herself. She was a vegetarian for 10 years and my xw was vegan for 12 so there is a reminder. She also does not do dairy, seafood, or steak so more eating preferences to contend with.

That is all I can think of at the moment. I will also say that being who she is has also seemed to help motivate me as well. Not that I need it but we have discussed some of the things we have learned through our readings, etc. That has been cool.

Married 14, Together 17
J
J
I know you get picked on a bit and i think you are a great guy, but i feel compelled to point out... it is really hard to stay thin as a female after the age of 25 if you drink, and are not a vegan.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
D
Oh J9, you absolutely fascinate me. I absolutely love reading your posts because one of the things that stands out to me is that you are an over-thinker. I am too, so I totally identify with how your mind gets to running. Mine does that all the time and it can be exhausting.

I think this woman has told you who she is and then she has proven to be exactly who she said she was through her actions. That is a really good thing. I still think, and someone else pointed it out, that you seem to be more enamored of the fact that she's into you and all over you when y'all are together in person than you seem to be of what your interest is toward her. Now, mind you, I know you have addressed some of this since I had that initial thought so please don't feel like you have to go back and restate anything you have said. I have read what you like and dislike about her and I get it. I just find it interesting. And, you were bothered before that she wasn't initiating or paying for anything then she did both, so I wonder if that will change your perspective a bit. She also told you to reach out more, so I would do what she said works for her. She just point blank told you and you have said all along that she's very direct, so take her at her word.

I don't know why but it actually struck me funny that you said one of your dislikes/concerns is that she's a nerd. Really? I mean, if she's fun and you enjoy her company, I'm not sure why this is a concern for you. But, then again, I'm a huge nerd and nerdiness in men is attractive to me, so what do I know?

I'm glad that you enjoyed your dates this weekend and that this one seems normal. Good for you!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard