Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Eric -

What do I see? In hindsight I view it as I did not change my communication approach to speak with her. I used the same approach every time and it failed every time. She never had to be in control of money and she became overwhelmed when speaking about it. I was not understanding of that at the time.

Security? Well, yes it sure is false, but that is the feeling people get from it when they feel it.

Have I considered life like an ocean? More like a river... smile Big fan of water analogy.

Living in the moment is something I have been striving for these past few months. Getting better at it. I have gotten there at points in life, but lost it again. I am concentrating on learning tools now to make it stick - fundamental changes in my thinking and approach.

"There is no more important fight than the one for ourselves. Keep on winning." Ginger1, Read her newbies.
BD: Feb '16
D: Mar '17
Piecing: Putting the self back together was my piecing.
S6

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
PS, I began reading LFW. Found a good list under something Cadet put up. Found the start of LFW's thread, but then lost it. Is there a particular thread title you can recall, or was that list Cadet put out there what you were hoping I would find?

"There is no more important fight than the one for ourselves. Keep on winning." Ginger1, Read her newbies.
S6

J
J
ANYTHING LFW posts is pretty amazing.
You be surprised the good advice you can find just by accident, like an "AH-Ha moment" just for you.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I like that Three Beans.

My son is having some issues when he is with my spouse. Bothering me today. I have to let them get through it together. He is just in a violent response stage and it's hard to hear about. No rescue, no control, no blame; not seeking that as a solution. Already doing what can be done on my end....staying the foundation, taking him to a behavior play group w/ an IC, being his father. He bit some kid at her gym today - banned for three weeks, second time in a month. She told me she cries everyday because she feels lost and out of control. I listen, I validate, I answer questions when directly asked by her.

He asked me on the phone tonight if I was mad at him for doing it. I told him I wasn't. [censored].

S6

E
E
CT

Just stopped by to say Hi and see how you are doing. Have you read the LFW post yet?

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Eric - I read a few LFW posts, was asking if there was a specific one? Did find the one on the stages of LBS if that was the one you were referring to.

I am doing awesome BTW. I think we were shut down on the hang out if you were headed down to OBX. Yeah though - my son turns 5 tomorrow. I blew his little mind up telling laying in bed with story time and saying he would fall asleep a 4 year old and wake up a 5 year old..."no way Daddy, how could that be?" Him aside though, did a lot, felt a lot, helped a lot, closing a banner day.

You?

S6

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
PS, where the h@ll did Mach1 go? Swoop in help the target and roll on never to be seen again in this nowhere town- like the A-Team?

W
W
CT,

Originally Posted By: CT1118
PS, where the hell did Mach1 go? Swoop in help the target and roll on never to be seen again in this nowhere town- like the A-Team?

He's up at Balmoral with The Queen having a cuppa tea w/scones. grin

M
M
PS, where the h@ll did Mach1 go? Swoop in help the target and roll on never to be seen again in this nowhere town- like the A-Team?

I didn't realize that you were waiting for me.

I was back at the...

"Hey guys wait for me !! Throw me the ball, throw me the ball"

Originally Posted By: Wonka
He's up at Balmoral with The Queen having a cuppa tea w/scones.

The Queen can't handle the amount of "Southern" I have in me : )

Although she tries, she doesn't quite like 'shine' in her Tea....

And I 'spose there is hope however. She did trade her Scone for a Moon Pie....

: O

C
C

He asked me on the phone tonight if I was mad at him for doing it. I told him I wasn't. [censored].

So strange...the censored word shows in the quote box...

Anyway, other than telling your S you weren't mad...did you try to explain how you did feel about his behavior? That it isn't right to bite other people or anything like that?

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard