Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am a doc, Painter. At least for pets. wink

I'll take my Xanax tonight, in your honor.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline
S
Good evening Phoebe.

It is great to hear the time with the family has been so pleasant and peaceful. It is well needed for you.

Reading your post, has me thinking "Emotional first aid" wink

Yes, I encourage you to watch again and apply some of the ideas. As painter mentions, the physical and emotional are very tied together. Sleep is very needed and while there are meds we can get to assist, and I say use them, if we also focus on the emotional healing, then we can benefit.
For me the emotional first aid has been one of the key factors for getting myself together and the physical followed.

I hope to see you getting sleep patterns and eating back on track. I am a strong believer that emotional first aid is key to Dbing and getting us on the firm ground to handle whatever is thrown at us.

I am praying that you find a good nights sleep. sleep

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks, SH.

I really want the sleep thing to normalize, too, and I ate aTON this weekend! smile

Eating is much easier when it's done socially. When I'm alone, i can just get busy and forget to eat because my appetite isn't present most days.

I hope you sleep well, too.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline
S
Maybe an eating meetup then for the appetite. Lol
Not sure if that is a thing, but I have found some really bizarre meet ups in my area.
I found a meetup for " Nude Dudes". Lol. It had very specific requirements for having a certain BMI in order to join. Lol. No I did not inquire further. Lol. And yes I met the requirement for the BMI. Lol

Anyway, not sure what sent me off on that silly tangent. Off to bed I go. I am at that sleepy silly point now. laugh

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
P
Originally Posted By: Phoebe
I am a doc, Painter. At least for pets. wink

I'll take my Xanax tonight, in your honor.

I know - I was appealing to your professional side. Doctors are horrible patients! wink

Sleep well!

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
G
G
Stay away from ow photo feed, I had a photo of my xh2 ow she was covered in mud
Looked like the pig she is and the first thought that popped into my head was
The scene from cat in the hat where he's holding s garden hoe and calling it a dirty dirty hoe.

I laughed but then I moved on and things are vastly different place for me now. He's still in the same place. He hasn't seen life move on. Not really.

So don't look until you can laugh about how silly she is. That she cannot make a life for herself without taking bits of yours.

Screams how shallow she is.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
P
P
Quote:
This is going to sound stupid, but it almost makes me feel worse than the extramarital sex issue. Sharing his body is one thing, but sharing our LIFE? Our camper, our house, taking her back to our college campus, going hiking. WTF?

No, it doesn't sound stupid. The hardest thing of all that has happened to me, was when I found out that WH had moved OW into our home. I asked him recently how he could just replace me like an old battery?

And sharing the body... I got to tell you, if you got him back, you might feel differently about it. I know it was never the same for me after I found out that WH had been with another woman. At first it was more intense (reconciliation phase), then it got weird. The trust issue came between us from my side.

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
G
G
I, the same I see sex as sex and nothing more.

But when nothing in their life changes but who sits in the passenger seat then I find that eeeeeewwwwww. And yes when she moved in on "our life" she had some interests and same traits as me. I was simply done.

I couldn't see my self, wanting to stoop for someone who couldn't stoop or even pick me up at times.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today has been kind of a tough day so far. Now that my brother has headed home, and all the family activities are over, I'm back to my own messy life, and I'm feeling sad. I had to take Xanax this morning to combat an oncoming wave of grief and emotion. I should just have let it come, but I had plans for the day and couldn't spare the time to grieve.

I met a new acquaintance this morning and we went on a really nice hike for a couple hours, taking time out to identify trees as we went along. I really enjoyed having another person along who shares my interest in knowing what's around me. Since we're just starting to get to know each other a little bit, I gave her a very brief overview of my story.

I talked to my therapist after that and everything felt very raw, like my grief was just under the surface for the whole hour. Well, it's really been there since yesterday morning, but I had plenty of distractions until today. I don't know why it should bother me so much that H took OW camping in our beautiful bus, but it hurts me very much.

So, it's been a day so far. I have to work on my grief homework this evening. I need to do it, but I already feel crummy without digging into the wound some more.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
J
J5K Offline
J
Dear Phoebe

You are in my thoughts this evening. You will grow stronger from this.

(((Phoebe)))

H-46 XW-38 T-7 M-6
S-9,8,8,6,4
S 11/30/15, I filed 12/8/15
EA 2/1/16 D dismissed 3/24/16
PA 3/18/16 confirmed 4/22/16
XW files for D 4/1/16 - D final 11/17/16
Finally moving forward...
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard