Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2605564 09/09/15 10:34 PM
L
Lost08 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Trying to start an new thread and link the old one. Hope this works!

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2600221#Post2600221

M 43 H 48
M 19y T 20y
D 14
S 12
H returned home from out of country 8/8/15
BD 8/11/15
EA Began end of June/beginning of July 2015; ongoing
PA H denies
ILYBINILWY
Lost08 #2605567 09/09/15 10:55 PM
L
Lost08 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, I just lost a half-hour worth of writing. Lost my post and now have to run and get D and get back to the apartment. frown

Here's my last post from the old thread. Zues, I hope to reply to you soon.

I'm actually confused about a lot of things.

Yikes.

I guess I'll start with the more minor stuff? Spent the day yesterday with H. He was going back to the mall ! to buy new clothes for his trip. Asked me if I was coming. I knew I needed to go into town, too, and agreed to go - which he didn't expect. We had a pretty nice day overall. Minimal awkwardness. Some laughs. And a nice evening back at the apartment with the kids. I was good at being friendly/PMA but not too much. But then, b/c we do get along so well, I end up feeling confused. By the evening, I slipped up once or twice, referring to him by old nicknames like "hon" etc. and could feel how much I still love him. I don't want to feel that. And I think, while I don't say "I love you," maybe my actions are too caring. I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

I read some of the other posts and wonder if I'm supposed to be taking a hard stand, not keeping things friendly. Idk.

Anyway, that "rope" I hear referred to has not only been held tightly in my hand, wrapped around my wrist, and over my head, but maybe around my neck, too. I felt as if maybe I had unraveled it from my head and neck yesterday during the day, and started in on the wrist. But last night's convo. with IC again showed me the mirror.

I'm hypervigilant and constantly waiting for the next bomb. I'm still not sleeping well, still crying, still in pain. IC says I'm showing soft signs of PTSD and she's very worried. I have no support system and that's a huge red flag for her. Workin on it. IC has started talking about meds. I can't go there. No meds.

IC focuses some on H and talks about how some of the things he says are good b/c it shows he's still in denial about actually losing me and the full consequences of his actions. I don't think she's familiar with DB. But she is very concerned about my well-being.

So today was a little rough. Probably more cheeseless tunnels? A lot of anxiety - I haven't been able to run or exercise) and many thoughts of H and OW. I actually was thinking it's better if I face those images of H being happy and intimate with OW and feel the pain in the hope it will help drive me to slice the rope off and float away.

Also, while I've been dreading H leaving again and knowing I will fall apart when he does, I'm also thinking maybe it will be good for me. Out of sight, out of mind. I won't be able to look at him and think of how much I love him, how I love his eyes and his hands and the sound of his voice, and the way he laughs and the way he is with my children. There will be limited contact, only thru the computer. I'm sure it will be pleasant but aloof b/c he'll be back with OW and his responsibility free life and he'll be just a small computer image. Maybe I'll be able to find my way thru my grief and start to move on.

M 43 H 48
M 19y T 20y
D 14
S 12
BD 8/11/15
PA H denies
ILYBINILWY
Lost08 #2605585 09/10/15 12:04 AM
V
V
If I say to you "stop thinking about Pink Elephants" what happens.

You see a Pink Elephant.

If I read

Originally Posted By: Lost08

Also, while I've been dreading H leaving again and knowing I will fall apart when he does, I'm also thinking maybe it will be good for me. Out of sight, out of mind. I won't be able to look at him and think of how much I love him, how I love his eyes and his hands and the sound of his voice, and the way he laughs and the way he is with my children. There will be limited contact, only thru the computer. I'm sure it will be pleasant but aloof b/c he'll be back with OW and his responsibility free life and he'll be just a small computer image. Maybe I'll be able to find my way thru my grief and start to move on.

What will happen?

Isn't there an easier, softer, gentler way to get to move on. Thinking of happy times with your children perhaps.

Is there a 180 in this? I know this is very difficult but your kids need to see you stand strong and capable. You could choose to do that.

Peace and restful sleep

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 09/10/15 12:06 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2605590 09/10/15 12:25 AM
A
A
Lost08 -

Here's the thing I want you to remember. YOU are the prize here. Not OW. Not H.

YOU.

If he leaves, it's HIM that is losing. Not you.

How about if you wake up tomorrow with that attitude?

Azzork #2605592 09/10/15 12:41 AM
J
J
Originally Posted By: Azzork
Lost08 -

Here's the thing I want you to remember. YOU are the prize here. Not OW. Not H.

YOU.

If he leaves, it's HIM that is losing. Not you.

How about if you wake up tomorrow with that attitude?

And that's a great mindset to have. You are a catch!

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
jjal #2605635 09/10/15 02:07 AM
L
Lost08 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
V - Pink elephants r everywhere!!!!
I think I've done a pretty good job around the kids. They really don't seem to be aware anything is amiss. I am grateful for that.

Az, jjal
I don't even know what to write. I've never seen myself in that light.

I love you guys.
xoxo

M 43 H 48
M 19y T 20y
D 14
S 12
BD 8/11/15
PA H denies
ILYBINILWY
Lost08 #2605762 09/10/15 04:43 PM
J
J
Hi lost,

Just caught up on your thread, and I am heartbroken for you, but as an outsider I too am viewing it as a great loss for your husband. The love and respect you have for him is so obvious and he is giving this up for something superficial. Yes it is painful, but you will be able to look back on your life and your decisions with self respect and confidence. You and your children will look back and reflect on your strength and strong survival skills.

I know this sounds petty and Unenlightened...I'm a newbie, but I always think about the OW/OM being a big downsize. I mean seriously, what type of characteristics does a person have to have to knowingly involve themselves in a relationship with someone that has a family? You really are the catch!

Me: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
Physically Separated 7/2015
JulieH #2605934 09/11/15 02:47 AM
L
Lost08 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: JulieH
Hi lost,

Just caught up on your thread, and I am heartbroken for you, but as an outsider I too am viewing it as a great loss for your husband. The love and respect you have for him is so obvious and he is giving this up for something superficial. Yes it is painful, but you will be able to look back on your life and your decisions with self respect and confidence. You and your children will look back and reflect on your strength and strong survival skills.

I know this sounds petty and Unenlightened...I'm a newbie, but I always think about the OW/OM being a big downsize. I mean seriously, what type of characteristics does a person have to have to knowingly involve themselves in a relationship with someone that has a family? You really are the catch!

Hi, JH!
Man, I can't tell you how nice it is to hear I'm a "catch." It makes me smile and shake my head though. The voices inside me all yell, "Yeah, right. If you met me and knew me, you wouldn't think so." Can't you see the irreparable damage I've done to my M? But my weary, torn soul laps these words up as if it's been parched in a desert for far too long.
TY xox

M 43 H 48
M 19y T 20y
D 14
S 12
BD 8/11/15
PA H denies
ILYBINILWY
Lost08 #2606031 09/11/15 02:50 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: Lost08
Originally Posted By: JulieH
Hi lost,

Hi, JH!
Man, I can't tell you how nice it is to hear I'm a "catch." It makes me smile and shake my head though. The voices inside me all yell, "Yeah, right. If you met me and knew me, you wouldn't think so." Can't you see the irreparable damage I've done to my M? But my weary, torn soul laps these words up as if it's been parched in a desert for far too long.
TY xox

Lost08 - You got this.
Google up on something called "Affair Down"
Why all know that you are the catch. Now start acting like it!

Azzork #2606222 09/12/15 12:46 AM
J
J
Originally Posted By: Azzork

Lost08 - You got this.
Google up on something called "Affair Down"
Why all know that you are the catch. Now start acting like it!

Lol. Did not know this was an actual term!

Me: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
Physically Separated 7/2015
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard