Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Feeling down this morning. H moved out of the house on Sunday. I miss him. Went for MC. We've told the kids about D. S13 didn't take it too well. Planning to take kids to see our MC this weekend.
H says he needs time. I don't know how long I can wait. It's killing me inside. D11 cried before going to bed last night...says she misses the family being together in the same house. Had to reassure her that everything will be ok.

Me: 37, WAH: 45
S13,D12,S4
M:13
BD:3/15/15
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm wondering if I'm now in the Piecing stage?
11 weeks ago, H was adamant that D is the way to go.
After D became official last week, he now wants to work it out, but has not decided on timeline. He told me that he spoke to L to delay paperwork. However how it works here where I live, once D is official, either one of us has to move out from the house, so he has moved out over the weekend.
We've also agreed not to start dating anyone yet. So is this piecing? Don't know how we're gonna piece it when we only see each other max of 10 minutes so far for the past few days

S13,D12,S4
F
F
I'm no vet but I wouldn't say its piecing yet. When I hear of someone in piecing its when both spouses have made a full commitment to rebuilding the marriage through words and actions. There seems to be some potentially promising things going on that may lead down that path, but give it some time and try not to develop too many expectations right now. Either way you have to be patient because you still have a long path ahead of you. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint, but you can do it.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you for responding and your thoughts Fogg. Yup I don't think I'm quite in the Piecing stage yet. When I speak to him, he says he wants to work it out but never says what he's gonna do about it. He just tells me he needs more time. And when we go for MC, I get the feeling that he thinks all the problems in the M came from me. That he made so much sacrifice for the family and I don't show him respect etc. Makes me angry when I think about it.

Anyway, started off feeling down this morning but decided to turn it around by going to the gym, attended a class on something I've always wanted to learn but never got a chance to and met up with a friend for coffee. This GAL thing works. Not once did I feel the urge to call or text H.
I'm starting to think that I'll be fine with or without him. My only concern is the kids. They miss having their dad around.

S13,D12,S4
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Omg. Ex-H asked me out on a date this Saturday! He casually asked me..hey do u wanna go out this Saturday. I said sure. We can take the kids out for a movie. He said no just you and me. Should I be excited??

Maybe I shouldn't, cos 15 minutes after that he asked for my office address etc cos the L asked for it to finalize D paperwork.

I'm so confused. Help!

S13,D12,S4
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Why is he doing what he's doing? Is this normal or 'expected' behaviour of a WAH? Any thoughts from vets or anyone would be really appreciated!

S13,D12,S4
V
V
Arleen, wow, that sounds super confusing. Just make sure you play it cool with no expectations. Will be interest to see advice from vets.

Me: 42 H: 40
M: 12
H moved out - 8/2015
I filed - 8/2015
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hey BW. Good to hear from you! How was your trip to Dublin? Yup you're right...I was jumping with joy inside but I hope i didn't let it show...and yes..must have NO expectations!

S13,D12,S4
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok so maybe I'm over thinking it. But on hindsight, after reading other posts, I should've just declined right? Cos this is like a bait for me to continue pursuing?
But I'm also thinking perhaps this is his way of trying to make the R work cos I did mention in MC that we hardly ever go out as a couple since he always wants to go out with the kids as well..

Ok am I over thinking it??

S13,D12,S4
A
Arleen Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok I need do's and don'ts when we go out tmrw. I don't wanna mess it up. I shouldn't bring up R talk right?

S13,D12,S4
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard