Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I hope to God it worked.

Quote:
Goals:

1. Put God's Will First. Trust God. Focus on each day as it comes and Take Joy! from each day.
2. Take care of my health (mental and physical).
3. Give my kids the things and time they deserve.
4. Face Each Day's Tasks HONESTLY and Pro-actively. Keep up my ToDo list of things to tackle today and in the near future.
5. Enjoy the contentment with my life that comes from working on the first four goals: travel, fun, friends, family...TAKE JOY!

Specific Sub-Goals:
Have a reliable car I'm proud to drive by Christmas of 2014.
Earn at least $60,000 per year by December, 2015...or sooner.

Old Thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2473825&page=1

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok. Have lots to sort through today and I've been really busy. And, mind you, I'm not complaining here...

1. Sister is in town. Had dinner with STBX stepdad as a "happy family" last night...strangest, weirdest, most uncomfortable dinner ever. Well...not ever. But very weird.

2. I start Kohl's on Friday. They will probably have me scheduled for next week.

3. The New York invited me to interview next week. They have now offered to put me up for two nights. That means I will have to tell Kohl's...Sorry, can't work if I'm scheduled. And, I need to tell New York today when I plan to come...do I rent a car? Do I ask Mom for help? The girls want to come...etc...

4. I still don't have a salary range for New York. Do I ask for this BEFORE I go up? I think I know the answer to this one, but I'm afraid of the answer.

5. Smokey put an extra $300 in the account last month. Not sure what this is about...probably guilt from a vacation he took and hasn't seen/spoken to D11 since May 3. Trying to leave it and not over-analyze.

6. I have One Direction this weekend.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

M
M
Yeah, Heather!! These all are great things to keep you moving along... your future! Good to see your sister, I'm sure. How exciting to start a new job! That will keep your mind busy. I say you go to NY regardless and see what it's all about. You get two nights there, why not enjoy it?! I believe Watertown area, right? You can find some really nice things to do there this time of year.

Extra cash?! Guilt does weird things to people, right? Use it for your NY & Detroit trips! (Or are you still saving for a car?) I think it was sent at the right time- you need to enjoy some things right now. I am very excited for you and can't wait to hear how things evolve.

Oh boy, gearing up for 1D.... my d is soooo excited. I look forward to the road trip and getting away. I am looking for some massive ear protectors where I can put some ear buds underneath and listen to my own music..... ok.... I won't be a party pooper.

Keep us posted!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Mighty :-)

If you find some great ear buds let me know. D11 has Asperger's and the noise is scaring her. Her ears hurt when there's too much...I know she is stressing about it.

M
M
Oh no! Maybe you should get something... my niece went last month to Toronto to the concert. She said it was soooooo loud and crazy and left with a headache. BUT she loved it and had an amazing time. She is going with me and d to Detroit, so it must have been worth it! Maybe those little foam ear blockers at the hardware store? They are super cheap. At least she'd have them just in case?

M
M
Oh no! Maybe you should get something... my niece went last month to Toronto to the concert. She said it was soooooo loud and crazy and left with a headache. BUT she loved it and had an amazing time. She is going with me and d to Detroit, so it must have been worth it! Maybe those little foam ear blockers at the hardware store? They are super cheap. At least she'd have them just in case?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hardware Store!! I didn't think of that! Awesome idea.

L
L
Heather,

If you need any suggestions for NYC trip feel free to ask. I live in CT and go there quite often with my family. I have even found ways to feed a family of five lunch for only $5.00. NYC is great place to go for a few days, but you can get taken very easily and spend a lot of money. First tip I will give you is never drink the bottled water in a restaurant without verifying the price first. Sometimes those bottles of water are $30-$40 per bottle.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks so much Life.

I'm actually going to UP-UP-State New York. Almost Canada. :-)

Family, last night, made it clear that they think I'm crazy for considering this move.

"Too much snow."

"Ha, you'll need a snowmobile."

"Too cold."

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Inquired if there was a salary range, yet, for New York. Awaiting a response.

So, I need to do some venting.

My mother's co-dependency is at its max right now. Remember, she moved out of her home with abusive step-dad about 1.5 years ago. Has been pursuing a divorce and very open about it.

However, Stepdad is very good at playing the guilt card and calls her crying and saying he is going to kill himself. So, she keeps in daily contact with him, helps him with the dog on weekends by staying over there...etc...

Well, my sis is in town and Mom goes above and beyond to make Stepdad feel like he is still a part of the family.

Mom, however, knows that I'm not that keen on spending time with Stepdad. Mainly because he's creepy. So, she manipulates behind the scenes to get us all together last night.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard