Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I checked all over the TV and no RCA connections anywhere. Just one coax connection in the back. I found the DVD/VHS manual online and it looks like I just need a RF modulator and some cables. I found something at Target.com which has the RF modulator, the coax cable and the RCA component for $22. So I will run and get that after work and give it a whirl tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope this works. I was talking to a coworker about it and she said it should work so I will run it up the flagpole and see if it flies. It's cheaper than buying a new TV.

Not sure if I want to get S a blu ray or ROKU? I see ROKUs have more options like even the Disney channel. Any thoughts?

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
W
OP Offline
W
I was just reminded by the paralegal I have to go to court Monday. Apparently this is a scheduling conference so the judge can see what agreements we have worked out. According to the paralegal at this conference the judge can order the case to trial. Now I am freaking out a bit.

I don't want the emotional and mental stress of a trial. But H will not accept any deal except demand what he wants. I don't think the lawyer is willing to put much work into my case because I pretty much told him I can't afford to pay any more. I owe him a lot of money and I think he has put me on the back burner. H knows this and is using it to his advantage.

This would be a waste of court time to take this case to trial. It does irritate me too that now I have to worry about this all weekend. And more time off work. I wish this just was done.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
G
G
WH, I understand the need to be done with the legal process. I, too, wanted to avoid trial and I've basically had to buy my freedom. My xh might trot all the way to the bank, but it will never give him back the last few years he's missed with the boys. To give your h what he wants, if you can afford to do so, might sting at first, but it might be best for you and your kids in the long run. What's right and fair just doesn't happen in D court. Can you give your h the house, with the equity and a timeframe for refinancing, along with the marital debt? It would allow you to move on and start rebuilding and, from what you've posted, it seems like that might be a wash. Only you know what you are willing to settle for. I just want to share that once I got over my fear and my idea of fairness it was much easier to just agree to my xh's terms (his idea of being more than fair). I now have much more time and energy to focus on me and the boys and creating the life that I want for us. The rest is just monopoly.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks GM

I am not sure. H wants to give me child support only. He does not want me to have any of his bonus money and I think his bonuses should be eligible for child support at least. He wants to pay child support based only on his base salary with no bonus or overtime figured in.

Then he wants me to take on all the marital credit card. Every penny. He offered a buyout of maintenance but now he is saying he cant give me that even.

I think this is going to have to go to trial. H has not given my attorney anything he has asked for and H is refusing to go along with anything my attorney says. I am not sure what I am going to do.

H can have the house but he can't refinance it with the current situation. He has all his eggs in one basket and now he is screwed. Unless I agree to all the above he can't do it.

I just don't know.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
G
G
Your h can't pick and choose what part of his income is considered for child support and alimony. Considering the situation I don't understand why the judge isn't just ordering the house to be sold, splitting the debt and giving you guideline support. There are no triable issues, unless I'm missing something. Why isn't your attorney making that argument, especially since he knows you can't afford to litigate?

W
OP Offline
W
Idk GM. I really don't know. The judge wants us to work it out I guess. I think H will push this to trial but as you said there are no trialable issues. H is trying to get me to agree so he can get his way I think because he knows a judge won't go along with what he wants.

I haven't heard a peep from H since Tuesday. I'm wondering what he is up to?

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
WH,
I'm surprised that a spouse can go after the bonuses and overtime, since they are not a "sure" thing each and every paycheck. I know of several men who pay support to their spouses, as well as support for their children and it is based on what the law states and also they "regular" salary since it's the same from pay day to pay day and if the regular pay increases with a promotion, then it is revisited...but the bonuses and overtime...nope, again, it's not guaranteed funds for every check, etc.

You might want to check into this before going to court to see what your state says about them.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
N
NLW Offline
N
WH,
I've just been through the same process as GM describes.
It became a matter of buying my freedom.

Issues of fairness don't come into it, apparently.

You get to the stage of just wanting it to be over; there is only so much belligerent madness one person can take.

No amount of money can ever compensate for what they've lost.

I got through the trial process by making a conscious decision to chose compassion for my XH's obvious turmoil - and his monumental loss - over anger and blame.

It got me through. I never understood 'turn the other cheek' until now.
I was always more of an 'eye for an eye' person. But there's no stopping that train.
I was ready to get off, and start a new life.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: job
WH,
I'm surprised that a spouse can go after the bonuses and overtime, since they are not a "sure" thing each and every paycheck. I know of several men who pay support to their spouses, as well as support for their children and it is based on what the law states and also they "regular" salary since it's the same from pay day to pay day and if the regular pay increases with a promotion, then it is revisited...but the bonuses and overtime...nope, again, it's not guaranteed funds for every check, etc.

You might want to check into this before going to court to see what your state says about them.

Right now H's support is based on his base salary. But he is court ordered to give me half his bonus. My lawyer and I have a theory that H will go back to working tons of over time once this is done and we need a way to recapture that at the end of the year. And I am hoping the judge will agree.

I am thinking the judge will make the division more equitable than H does.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
B
B
Big hugs Wishing.

So hard to know what to do but follow your gut

----
M 39