Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
OP Offline
T
Sometimes I entertain the thought that since the wrecked car was the car she took over when she didn't want to drive the "soccer Mom" minivan anymore and started down the replay path, that maybe this is some "fresh start" thing...same vehicle, but newer, but same color as the minivan, a blend of old and new. She is symbolically oriented...

Just empty musings for entertainment purposes only, lol smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

job Offline
Actually it is very symbolic because MLC blends the old and the new personalities together at some point. It will be interesting to see what her personality will be like once she's finished baking.

Continue to be patient...she's slowly getting there!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Hi T^2!

Why must it always be the best vehicle that gets totaled? Sigh.

I like your observations of the symbolism. I have long thought the same in my sitch with H's car choices.

You are doing great! Thanks, also, for the encouragement on my thread smile

rH

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
C
C
I like your way of looking at it TSquared smile I think your kind of attitude towards life, and sense of humour is what's needed in hard times, it's what keeps us sane. Keep at it, you are doing really good.
-cp

M: 8 yrs T:14
Twins:7 S:5
BD:'NLILWY': Feb/2013
Mar/Apr/May: MC
June: "living in limbo"
Sept 12: H moves out
Oct 20: reconciling
Jan-Feb 2014:MC
Feb 2014: separating, and H moved out.

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you Job, rH and CP!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what comes out...lots of things I hope/pray are still there from her old personality, and yes, some things that I hope have been resolved, purged, whatever. smile And of course the intrigue of the newly added that stay...

That sense of humor and attitude was the result of a LOT of research, advice, reading other sitches from here and elsewhere, and a LOT of self-work. 2-4 years ago that could not have been said... wink

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
OP Offline
T
I have a question for the vets....

W's b-day is coming up in 3.5 weeks...these past years of mlc/limbo I have just done the light and airy, maybe even fun card thing.

I want to change that up.

I want to send her a bouquet of flowers to either her work or to the house...this is something I did a lot during the courting time before we were married.

Based on the fact that she keeps looking for, and sometimes buying me things I need or could use at her store, I'm thinking one of her LL is gifts.

I am thinking to make them from "all of us boys in her home"...but she'll know who instigated it... smile

Given where she is at (possible re-connect/acceptance), would this be "too much" pressure/pursuit?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts and suggestions...
smile
T^2

job Offline
T,
I think it's time to send her flowers. Do you know what her favorite flowers are? I would definitely have the card say "Happy Birthday! from all of us boys in her home". I think she would love to have them...but keep everything else simple that day.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
T, not a vet, but agree that flowers would be a lovely b-day present from 'her boys'. Also agree to keep everything else simple that day. I just realized it's my H's b-day in 8 days.. seems like we are really on the same timeline! lol. Have a good day.

M: 8 yrs T:14
Twins:7 S:5
BD:'NLILWY': Feb/2013
Mar/Apr/May: MC
June: "living in limbo"
Sept 12: H moves out
Oct 20: reconciling
Jan-Feb 2014:MC
Feb 2014: separating, and H moved out.

T
OP Offline
T
Okay...now to send to her work (and get that attention for her)? or the house(more relaxed)?

Thank you, my gut was saying to do this, felt right, nice to know it still works somewhat, lol...and yes I do know her favorites wink

job Offline
I think it might be best to send them to home. You don't know what kind of reaction she may have.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard