Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you UR and rH... smile

So, finishing up the Monopoly game in progress last night, S3 (the very "family-oriented" one) was doing everything he could to keep the game going, such as not collecting rents from the less fortunate players, etc. S2 asked him why he wanted to prolong the game. S3 said "Because we never do this all together, with you, me, Dad and Mom. It's always just you, me and Dad..."

W responded, "I'm ready (or able) to do this again now, we'll have more". (slightly paraphrased)

I didn't say a word, though I am sure at least one corner of my mouth turned upwards, it always does.... smile

I know I'm last in line, so expectations still under control, nothing to change up right now, seems "aloof, yet available" is still working on my side as she works through her side....

Another entry of gratitude for my journal.
smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

R
R
What a nice mental picture of your family playing monopoly; you're such a good dad. Interesting that your W deliberately touched your fingers. Did she make eye contact at the same time? And thanks for the list of traits of a non-anxious person, I'm gonna have to work on that smile

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Linda, not sure if it was deliberate touching or not, and a couple times there was eye contact, but nothing "readable" ...

I think the less anxious the better, and even when we "think" we aren't showing it, our spouses know us too well and can pick up on it, which is pressuring I imagine. I know with W...pressure has been a complaint, MLC/issue driver, and something she has often had problems dealing with. I am pleased you found it useful smile

And time for a new thread....

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2360182&#Post2360182

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard