Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
R
R
The odds are overwhelmingly in your favor T. We could make some bank with those odds if we could bet on them. I really value your willingness to express the whole spectrum of your feelings. I feel that way too. For the majority of the time, I feel really good. I feel peace. But it's important to me to express my vulnerable moments here. It helps me overcome it and I also hope it helps others realize they're not alone in how they feel. When I read your posts, that's how I feel, that I'm not alone. I've come so far. T is hanging in there. I see so many positive things in his sitch. I can hang on too.

That is really neat about your son. I want that for my boys too. Whatever path they chose, as long as they do something they love.

M38,H39
M:16Y
BD:8/12
OWDB:11/12
S:11/12-5/13
"Temp" home:6/13
OW dropped:9/13
"I love you":12/13
H ring on:2/14
Depression back:5/15
"I'm done:" 7/15
H moved out: 3/16
H moved back: 12/16
Working on us: 3/17
R
R
Scary to think of your son out there fighting that giant blaze, that takes courage and dedication. I'm proud of him too!!

Yes, hang in there my friend. As Snodderly would say, your wife seems to be "baking nicely," nothing for you to do now but give her space by being your fabulous aloof, attentive self smile

I looked at a youtube instructing beginners on EFT. MaybeI'll give it a try too

job Offline
T,
I'm praying that your son remains safe. His job is a dangerous one, but it's a passion of his and I'm sure it is one he does extremely well.

Your wife continues to "bake" up nicely. I know you and yor wife are so close to the finish line and yet, you have a ways to go, but please try to hang in there a while longer. She's come a long way in the last year, even the last 3 months, to give up now.

Try to enjoy the weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you folks for the safe wishes for my son, it helps smile

Raine, that was such a nice thing you wrote to me, I appreciate it, though I am not so sure I deserve it completely...but it was so nice to come into this morning, I'll take it... smile

Linda, David Childerly (sp?) has a lot of good free starter EFT videos on y-tube.

Snodderly, my patience dial is cranked up to 9 or 10, no hurries... smile

Got lots of stuff planned for the weekend, a major project and lots of "little" things, which is good because as I thought might be a possibility, W is a mental tornado today when she called me. But she did vent and include me, which is good. I let her know I was there for her and validated, she does think part of it is due to hormones so we'll just ride it out. It is so hard to NOT try to fix, make suggestions, etc and let her figure out her own way through...

"The greatest prayer is patience" -Buddha (my mantra for the weekend)

So I will be making a great weekend, will start removing the kitchen cupboard doors tonight to give the kitchen a fresh, happy, bright coating of white Sat and Sun.
smile
T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

R
R
Thanks for the info on David Childerley. EFT sounds so silly but was SO calming. Freeing. Thanks very much.

You and your W have BOTH come such a long way. I know it's hard for you to supress your strong male "fixer" nature and just validate, but you're doung great!

Remember it's not about the nail!

T
OP Offline
T
Hi all,

Well, I had myself a great weekend...got the peach trees thinned from extra fruit (last year they attempted "tree-icide via over fruiting") and the branches all neatly supported. They are looking good.

My oldest came home until next deployment, they kicked some desert fire butt and that was all to that fire. I love listening to his stories of the action... smile

Father's day was just a nice mellow day, we always have been laid back regarding the "hallmark" holidays, so I didn't have any expectations at all...so nothing special to report there.

W and I got the kitchen painted, and we "remembered" how well we work together, we have always had this natural "knowing" of each others strengths and preferences and luckily what one doesn't like, or isn't the better at, the other does or is...Man, I love natural flow teamwork...I made a crack that W would have to fill out the "executive team building and weekend rope course" evaluation and questionnaire at the end, which she laughed at. (yay!)

She is seeming more "herself" again, with some differences though, not making much out of them until I see what "sticks" I guess. Trying to roll with who she is now, as in today, because it'll change as she isn't done baking yet, heeding advice given to others here like TVS and rH...

Getting a couple more smiles out of her daily, and just being relaxed, fun, positive, somewhat mischievous, me... smile

I wonder if I can get her to moisturize my back yet? Two years of itchy dry skin back would be nice to be rid of...lol.

smile
T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

job Offline
I'm glad the weekend went well. I think your wife is baking up nicely and you've given her ample time and space to work on her issues. Painting the kitchen can be a chore, but it sounds like the two of you knocked it out w/o a hitch.

T2, you are doing very well. Keep up the good work. BTW, yes, it's time to ask if she will moisturize your back. I think she'll do it for you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Originally Posted By: TSquared2
we "remembered" how well we work together, we have always had this natural "knowing" of each others strengths and preferences and luckily what one doesn't like, or isn't the better at, the other does or is...Man, I love natural flow teamwork.

I love that ^ ^ ^ ^ too.
And oft my H and I have it and it's a pleasure.

We were working together last night supporting tomato plants with stakes and strings and we had that. There's no opportunity for teamwork during the "alien" phases.

T^2, you're doing so well, rolling with everything. I'm astounded that W said about the D and all that but is still obviously wanting to be at home. Well, I know about those strange changes-of-mind.

Glad to hear all the PMA oozing from your posts. smile

And nice to have the oldest son back safely with tales of bravery.

Seems like your W would be so skittish with physical contact...idk. In that respect, your W and my H differ greatly.

Hope you're having s good week smile
rH

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
R
R
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love that you got back in sync with your W while painting. It was interesting to me that my H recognized how well he knew me and I knew him and that harmony isn't easy to find. I gathered he was feeling that at a time when things were not going well with Ow1. It's easy to find the surface level relationship, the infatuation, the physical. It's rare to find that soul to soul connection. They could leave and never find it again. Maybe that's what keeps them anchored, even if just slightly. Cause even in their fantasy world, there is that one thing they still can't find.

Keep it up Mr T!

M38,H39
M:16Y
BD:8/12
OWDB:11/12
S:11/12-5/13
"Temp" home:6/13
OW dropped:9/13
"I love you":12/13
H ring on:2/14
Depression back:5/15
"I'm done:" 7/15
H moved out: 3/16
H moved back: 12/16
Working on us: 3/17
R
R
"It's easy to find the surface level relationship, the infatuation, the physical. It's rare to find that soul to soul connection. They could leave and never find it again. Maybe that's what keeps them anchored, even if just slightly. Cause even in their fantasy world, there is that one thing "

oh Raine, but that's what my H says we LACK. He says that OW#1 (EA only) was his soul mate, and made him realize that he has never loved me frown So now he's hooked up with OW#2, not a soul mate, but "they're in love with each other." I'm hoping that's the fantasy. 

I'm always so happy to read your posts, T^ you're making real progress! You give me hope, thanks for updating us! Does your son have to return to the fire?

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard