Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you TVS, WP, AJ, Wendy, Linda and all!

Quicky update...

We had to put one of our cats down this past weekend...she was my meditation cat, W's rescued "feral cat", so it was very hard on us all. The younger boys were heartbroken, she had just the last year or two become comfortable with them. We don't know what happened, the vet seemed to think it was some poisoning from herbicide, rodent control thing or anti-freeze. Very tough for all of us.

So we are recovering from that, things were pretty status-quo. W has made some "action steps" the past couple days, seeing the ob/gyn/hormone docs, looking for a good therapist for her issues and MC. So I am sitting quietly, waiting to see what all transpires, what all moves, or doesn't.

Just trying to be the best me I can, waiting for the answers that may come. Still will file if needed, but I am in no hurry (though I do set goals for myself to keep me on track with things I don't want to do, and then evaluate at that time...).

I don't want to speculate whether this latest with our cat was any kind of change agent for W, too early and really, how could I know unless W tells me? It was a bit of a change agent for me, I haven't had to do this in a while, and it reminded me of the cyclical nature of life, and to try to get the most out of each day with who you care about, and all you care about. Everything passes.

Okay, got myself in a teary state now, time for a walk down the RR tracks... smile
T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

F
F
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your feline family member, T. I know how hard it can be. When we had to put down our dog of 14 years, it was by far the worst thing we had gone through up to that time. Didn't even want to go home. It seemed to really bring W and I closer though.

Our present dog (same breed) is nearing 15, so unfortunately we will soon be going through it again. cry cry cry

Back near BD W actually gave this as one of her timelines for D. "Maybe after Belle dies"

I immediately put Belle on a healthy diet and exercise program. grin

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
T
T
Sorry to hear about your cat T. frown

Animals give love unconditionally, bring so much into our lives. Maybe there's a lesson in there for us somewhere? wink

Keep on keepin on my friend!

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
R
R
Hi T^2,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this special cat. It's so hard to lose these pets (lost both our dogs last year while H was gone). Putting them down is especially hard.

I'm glad you all had the opportunity to rescue her.

It may get W to thinking about important R's in her life. We can hope, can't we?

Thinking of you,
rH

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
P
P
Sorry to hear about your cat, T.

My cat has been a blessing to me during this time. She's a fat old grumpy grey cat who loves me best. Nothing can top when she snuggles up to me and purrs me to sleep.

We get so attached to the little beasts.

job Offline
T,
I'm very sorry about the family's furry companion. You and your family gave the little one a home so that he wasn't out on the street. He had a good life w/you and that's what is important.

I know how it feels to lose a furry companion and boy, it leaves an empty hole. Some day, you'll get another one and share your love w/him/her. Again, I am very sorry.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
OP Offline
T

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard