Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Raine. smile
Wait a minute, it's been a while since I worn them...doh! Maybe I will try the triple secret DB "kilt" method of attracting W back!!

I crack myself up sometimes (scary thing is, I like to crack myself up)!... smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

R
R
You haven't already!?! Wasn't that clearly stated on page two?

I'm right there with you. No one thinks I'm as funny as I do.

M38,H39
M:16Y
BD:8/12
OWDB:11/12
S:11/12-5/13
"Temp" home:6/13
OW dropped:9/13
"I love you":12/13
H ring on:2/14
Depression back:5/15
"I'm done:" 7/15
H moved out: 3/16
H moved back: 12/16
Working on us: 3/17
T
OP Offline
T
I hope I didn't create my own roller coaster for myself...I have been feeling like I made "a" right choice (as opposed to "the" right choice).

Now tonight I'm sad, feeling sick and heartbroken...second guessing myself.

Ugh.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

R
R
Dang it. Sorry T. But I mean all you said is you would see a lawyer, right? I think that is a good thing. You haven't made any final decision. You are just verifying your options and knowing what the outcome of each would be.

M38,H39
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you Raine...I am second guessing NOT waiting more before heading in the direction I chose.

I did say that I would give her her divorce, and start the process, and that she could stop it at any time. i guess "start the process" is sort of vague, maybe for good effect. Idk.

I think I am tired and drained from the roller coaster this week, lots of emotional energy spent. Heading to bed. Need to get back in the garden and workout, that always helps my PMA.

R
R
An that makes sense. I get the feeling now. I made that decision tonight too, but that decision had been made in my mind months in advance. It was if this happens, this is the result. So when it did, I felt really good about the course of action. I had already lived with that decision for awhile.

But let's see how I am tomorrow or next week smile

M38,H39
A
AJM Offline
A
T, I think it's a good idea to go back to the garden and the workouts. You're right, it has been draining. It's not like you haven't been doing this a while, right? Be good to yourself and don't second guess. That'll just make you crazy. If you doubt me, look to your W and see what that does to her smile

I for one think you continue to do the best thing, even if it's not what you wanted to have happen. You can only deal with what you have to work with and you can only do the best you can. You're doing awesome. Don't let up and don't feel bad about doing what's right for you and your kids. Your W has to figure things out on her own, and while it may be that she loses the best thing in her life (you and her family), she may at least get some healing out of it and who knows? She may learn from it. Be patient and be consistent, just like you have been, T.

Have a great weekend!

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you Raine and AJ...

Guess I was caught up a bit in my "perfect picture" of W coming back completely via her own choice, without having to go down the LLRT path. By now you'd think I would know that things go unexpected all the time in these situations, but I do sometimes hang onto "ideals" a little tightly...

Oddly enough, my horo for today is interesting...

"The "high road" doesn't always offer the prettiest view. It is often the least scenic route. It is frequently marked by difficult terrain and challenging road blocks. You know this, Capricorn, because you always take the high road. But some recent vent has left you feeling so cynical that you want to take the easier path instead. While this may not be considered the "low road," it isn't the best you can do. But if you're going to be true to yourself, then you need to do the right thing. A clear conscience is priceless. "

Queue up Twilight Zone theme in 3...2...1... smile

Feeling better, less conflicted...trying to get that "adventure" mindset back in place.

Have a great weekend all!
smile
T^2

U
U
T, dont do this to yourself.

It is important that you continue to do what is best for you and your children. And that includes getting information from a lawyer.

As far as giving her the divorce, that is what she asked for. It could continue as it is for many more months. I think as some point, you have to do something different.

As you said, she can stop it at any point and you told her the door is always open for R.

I think your actions are fair and honest, and that you are hearing her, giving her what she wants, and lovingly letting her go.

The ball is in her court now.

Please dont let this derail you path. Stay strong, sweetie.

U
U
You were writing when I was. smile

I'll call Rod for you. We are good friends. wink

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard