Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
D
D
Originally Posted By: tadpole1025
Something is different. Not sure what it is.

It's called life.

smile

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
B
B
Detachment?

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
AJM Offline
A
I know what it is. And it is not numbness smile

Looking forward to the book.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
Originally Posted By: snodderly
Tad,
You can't go all passive aggressive on your xw. You need to respond to her text and advise her that you are not in a financial position to pick up the tab for your son's IPhone at this time. You may offer up some suggestions to assist her in the payment of the phone, but I would not take on any additional expenses at this time.

I do believe that both of your sons are at an age whereby they could pick up a part time job to help w/the financing of their phones. It's called learning responsibility
and if that doesn't work, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your expenses and only keep those that are necessary and important for survival at this time.

"Twilighht zone"? Look, she changed her mind. She made an offer in a moment of well intended but not well thought out motivation, and then realized she could not afford it. it's not insane, it's just reality.

So deal with it. Spare her the nasty attitude. I don't think she's being a bitch here although she should not have offered the Iphone.

If you are saying "you did this" to mean she left YOU, oh please, drop that. It's been 2 years and she already is paying for it literally...

YOUR SONS need to step up...and you need to let it go.

IMO, the OM has no responsibility to pay for your son's phones...frankly at their age, only THEY do...

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
S
S
Originally Posted By: 25yearsmlc
Originally Posted By: snodderly
Tad,
You can't go all passive aggressive on your xw. You need to respond to her text and advise her that you are not in a financial position to pick up the tab for your son's IPhone at this time. You may offer up some suggestions to assist her in the payment of the phone, but I would not take on any additional expenses at this time.

I do believe that both of your sons are at an age whereby they could pick up a part time job to help w/the financing of their phones. It's called learning responsibility
and if that doesn't work, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your expenses and only keep those that are necessary and important for survival at this time.

"Twilighht zone"? Look, she changed her mind. She made an offer in a moment of well intended but not well thought out motivation, and then realized she could not afford it. it's not insane, it's just reality.

So deal with it. Spare her the nasty attitude. I don't think she's being a bitch here although she should not have offered the Iphone.

If you are saying "you did this" to mean she left YOU, oh please, drop that. It's been 2 years and she already is paying for it literally...

YOUR SONS need to step up...and you need to let it go.

IMO, the OM has no responsibility to pay for your son's phones...frankly at their age, only THEY do...

25yearsmlc tells it like it is !!! - very well stated !!

If someone decides there is no goodness in you they won't be able to see it.
I'll take a BLT over a MLC anyday !!!

T
OP Offline
T
Quote:

25, I did spare her the attitude. I did not even respond. As for the Twilight Zone comment, she has told him 6 different things in the last few weeks regarding his cell phone. She told him that she was going to get him a newer version. Then, it switched to a brand new Iphone. Then she said she was going to get him the second to newest version then back to the Iphone again. Now, it is back to "I can't afford it."

Another example happened just yesterday:

In September, she told S17 that she wanted him for Thanksgiving. A few weeks later, she told all of our sons that she wanted to have all of them over. Two weeks ago, she told them that they were "on their own" for Thanksgiving because she was going to be "out of state" with OM. Yesterday, she told S17 that she wants to pick him up on Wednesday night and keep him until Sunday on Thanksgiving weekend. Are they always this flaky?

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
M
M
Yes. But what have you planned for Thanksgiving?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
U
U
Who cares if they how flaky they are? That's their problem.

Tad, your sons are old enough to deal with this with their mom. And if they become fed up, then, she'll have to deal with it.

Your job is to stay out of the way of their relationship and let them forge whatever kind they decide.

You keep trying to figure her out. You can't. Impossible.

So, stay out of the phone business.

As far as Thanksgiving. Make your plans. If they include your sons, then, let it be known and that's that.

Tad, there are just some things in life that cannot be explained. Accept it.

She is living her life. Live yours.

YES^^^^^^^^ to both Bond's reply and this one.

Let it sink in, please.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
T
OP Offline
T
Okay 25, Snodderly, AJ, Jack, Antonia and any other vets that want to chime in. How do I respond to this text? She is dropping off S17 at my house today and apparently she is sending cupcakes. It reads:

Trying to get an idea as to how many cupcakes to send....I forget if you will eat coconut. I made German chocolate cupcakes. Let me know please.

WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I received it about an hour ago, but didn't get around to reading until just now...

Confused as Hell.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard