Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
S
S
Net,

I have been doing my 180's for almost two months and nearly a day doesn't pass that my W brings up the past or that this is just an act on my part. I don't argue with her or convince her otherwise and simply keep doing what I am doing.

Is is frustrating? You bet. But I like the changes I have made for myself and even if W does leave I will be a much better SIW than I was previously.

W has flat out said that she is waiting at least six months of my 180's before she beleives that I am for real. Question is will I be patient enough to keep doing what I am doing without W making a step in the same direction?

Right now I say yes because I am not doing for her or to manipulate her to say. I just keep doing things one day at a time.

Are the changes your making for you or the convince your W to stay in the M?

SIW

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
~
~
In life, we do what serves us...

In the past, being selfish and going into victim mode served you...

Right now, your belief that your W wants the best of both worlds, serves you...

Right now, indicating that it takes a long time to re-wire 38 years of personality characteristics, serves you...

So the only box that you can look at... is the one you are sitting in...

Look at that box, because it has huge walls... no windows... and pictures of what the outside world looks like to you... drawn by you...

erase those pictures...

sit in your box with no make believe of what the outside world looks like... whether it be your M... the kids... what the attorneys are saying...

You are your own playmate for the time being... because it might take some time to realize that you don't want to play with that person any more...

and once you get to that point... you will be able to choose to play a different game...

play a different game and find something else that serves you in a new... more fulfilling way...

what might that be...?

And if you answer that with something to do with other people... rinse and repeat the above...

because this isn't about anyone but you...

~
~
oh... and in response to your posts above...

telling me that you were selfish and a pr1ck, serves you...

and telling me that you didn't provide a mediator because we told you to let her do the work... serves you...

just sayin'

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry not really sure what you mean by serves you

Sad what kind of 180s are you doing that the wife notices that isn't doormat behavior?

~
~
Originally Posted By: netmaster

So if you have never heard that saying and do not understand what it means, I'll use myself as an example...

I say that I am forgetful, because it serves me. I can blame my memory for not doing something that I probably did not want to do. When the truth is, when I do want to do something, I am very capable of ensuring I both remember... but arrive on time...

Saying that we told you not to get a mediator serves you...

So how about this, then...

Go get a mediator... I think it would be very helpful for you...

S
S
Originally Posted By: netmaster

Sad what kind of 180s are you doing that the wife notices that isn't doormat behavior?

Helping more with the kids getting them ready for school, taking/picking up S10 to hockey, picking up D6 from day are, cooking more of the weekday meals, doing more around the house, listening to my W about the finances, doing more with the kids w/out W. I am also listening more intently to my W without adding my two cents.

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
T
OP Offline
T

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard