Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
OP Offline
T
What is finding oneself again. Seems most people are divorced on here and finding oneself again is life after break up. Am I wrong

L
L
Originally Posted By: netmaster
KD accept he said "I want you to sleep at mom's cuz you never sleep at moms since you bought that new house" Not to toot my son's horn but he isn't the typical 6 year old. He is smart. Yes I know the impact this will have on both my kids and the entire family that is why I am on this board and why I haven't given up yet even when all signs tell me to give up

What does this mean to you, Net?

Again, read other threads on this board, get a different perspective. See that you are not alone in this.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
~
~
NM, "finding oneself" is more of a "new age" or buddhist way of saying "finding God" in oneself.

Where we find ourselves in our environment... physically... is not where we find ourselves spiritually... in our heart... our core... our centre...

discovering... or for those who had found that peace at one time, re-discovering and even remaking ourselves spiritually in a way that holds to our beliefs and who we want to be, on this earth and with others...

hope that makes sense...

Finding yourself.

We tend to lose ourselves when we're with someone. We do it to conform, but sometimes we do away with ourselves all together. When you no longer have to conform with someone else, you're true identity reappears. It's always been there, but hidden. You begin to enjoy what you used to enjoy before S, before kids, before all the mess.

I used to love going for walks at the Rose Bowl. The view of the mountains and smell of trees makes me feel relaxed, complete, happy. I forgot about that.

Take care of Net

M 42 H 39
T10 (-2yrs separation)
S8 D5
DD 7/30/11 (EA&PA)
Reconciled 6/2013
Separation in works 1/2017
T
OP Offline
T
Thx all. Wish me luck. Staying at home tonight for the 1st time in 3 1/2 months. Kids are excited. Dog is dying. W is down. Going in as a friend

Y
Y
Originally Posted By: veroprado
Finding yourself.

We tend to lose ourselves when we're with someone. We do it to conform, but sometimes we do away with ourselves all together. When you no longer have to conform with someone else, you're true identity reappears. It's always been there, but hidden. You begin to enjoy what you used to enjoy before S, before kids, before all the mess.

I used to love going for walks at the Rose Bowl. The view of the mountains and smell of trees makes me feel relaxed, complete, happy. I forgot about that.

Take care of Net

A definition similar to one I used to have...until I realised that no one lives in a bubble, and that life is about negotiation.

So then I'm thinking - has anyone ever been in a relationship here that you can be totally yourself? Is that some ideal, unrealistic standard I wonder?

Y
Y
Originally Posted By: veroprado
Finding yourself.

Vero, if you said something like, "I used to go to the clubs and take drugs all night til I was high as a kite, but - sigh - I had to stop that to conform to my relationship and therefore I lost myself," well, I kinda understand that one.

But going for a walk at the Rose Bowl? Why ever would you have stopped doing such a wonderful thing? Wouldn't your H come with you if you wanted to go for such a walk? That sounds blissful.

T
OP Offline
T
Well Easter went well. I slept over Easter night and me and her got along as friends. It's tough doing that and then having her entire family over for the day but I was my joking self today.

Lots of emotions going on. We are putting are dog down tomorrow so I'm sleeping here again tonight. We has this dog together for 11 years. She is an amazing dog and this will definitely set my W back big time. My W is the biggest animal lover there is.

Overall good Easter but very difficult separating emotions from the day. Also very difficult sleeping here all weekend then going back. But my dog can't walk :-(

T
OP Offline
T
Had to put dog down this am

L
L
So sorry, that hurts a lot.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard