Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Once again, I have exceeded 100 posts on my old thread. It's a good and a bad thing. It means I'm still in the midst of this junk, but it also means I am getting a tremendous amount of support from you folks out there!

Here are the links to the old threads:
Continuous Confusion
Trying to love my WAW from a distance
Trying to love my WAW from a distance II
Trying to love my WAW from a distance III
It's a marathon, but where are the mile markers?
Still in the marathon - am I going the right way?
Marathon continues. It is me or is it all uphill?
Where is this marathon leading me anyway?
Still in the marathon - did I miss a turn?
Marathon continues. Where we going, anyway?

I'll start off this thread as a normally do with a little introspection and with a message (hopefully an encouraging one) to the newbies.

When I first started this journey, it was sprint. My W was racing toward a D as fast as she could get there. It has really turned out to be a marathon. Remember that if you're reading this and you feel like you're trying to beat the clock right now. There are many of us that feel that way at the beginning and we realize we have more time than we originally thought we had to DB. We don't all get more time than we thought we were going to have, but if you do - this is your chance to re-discover yourself. For me, I have been using to find out what I really want out of life. How can I make a difference? I have seen too many people absolutely devastated by D and living in despair and misery. I decided early on that I didn't want to be THAT guy.

The way I see right now is I'm still in the game. My M situation is looking a little more bleak. If nothing else, I will save myself if I don't save my M. I will also be able to look my S in the eye someday and tell him I did everything possible to save the M.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I left off with a discussion around what my S had shared on Sunday night. A brief summary: he said he saw Mommy holding hands with OM and saw them kiss on the lips in front of him. He was very distraught about it. IMO - total lack of class and very tacky on my W's part. mad

The skies were clear and the pavement was dry this morning. I doubled up my bike ride and rode 17 miles this morning instead of the usual 8.6. I also finished it in under an hour, so I think I was a little fired up, still. mad

I opted to burn a DB coach session I still have available to navigate this tricky situation.

If some of you have been following along, my W reached out to me about 3-4 weeks ago and my S had let her have it. He dished out his own 2x4. He told my W he didn't feel like she loved him anymore. He said every time he was with her, she was either on the phone or on the computer. (see why I'm not too surprised about what he told me on Sunday night? smirk) She said in her text to me that she had heard what she needed to hear and she hadn't been a very good Mommy, but it was the reality check she needed.

My DB coach suggested I use the situation in the above paragraph and follow up on it to get the conversation started. Then, I can mention there's something we need to talk about. At that point, I can bring up what my S told me on Sunday night, and ask her how she thinks we can handle the situation. He said it's probably OK to mention that what she's doing hurts me deeply, but I'll willing to put that aside to take care of my S. Hopefully, this will lead to a productive conversation and won't start a non-productive fight. Heck, TBH, I really don't have that much to lose.

Anyway, with that approach and after talking to my DB coach, I am feeling a lot better today.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
J
J
JB, very glad you’re feeling better today. I think it was LP that posted “What’s the worst thing our S can do D us?”

That thought and the memory of what a salty recruit I was has gotten me through a few times.

I do not get the sense she would intentionally hurt your son, so I think if you can approach this discussion calmly and honorably it will go well.

My hopes and prayers for a productive outcome are with you .

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: JustStunned}
“What’s the worst thing our S can do D us?”
[/quote

Yep, too true! TBH, if everything were based on her actions, I should be the one who wants a D! I can't honestly say where I am right now - if she made a move back toward me, I'll have to cross that bridge if it comes my way.

[quote=JustStunned]
I do not get the sense she would intentionally hurt your son, so I think if you can approach this discussion calmly and honorably it will go well.

No, I don't think she would intentionally hurt my S, but she's clearly off in WAS la-la land right now. My objective is for the conversation to be productive. It's not about me being right and her being wrong. It's to advocate my S.

Originally Posted By: JustStunned

My hopes and prayers for a productive outcome are with you .

Thanks, JS. I really appreciate it!

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

G
G
Dont think your thread should be "marathon", more of a Tour de France for you LOL

Anyway

WAW LA LA Land, that is some place that, where do you get a passport to get in there then????

Good luck with your planned convo with W

Me - 37
W - 38
D - 14
S - 12
Together - 16
Married - 12
Bomb - April 13, 2011
W moved out - May 13, 2011

The man I became is changing back to the man I was........... and more
L
L
JS, I'm honored that you remember that!

Our WAS inflict a lot of pain on us, both intentional and unintentional. I also believe that they do 'wake up' and see the havoc they've caused, but it's often too late for the R. I know in my case I sensed it (I was the WAS in 1st M) but really 'got it' after I became the LBS in 2nd M.

JB, I imagine that your W will come to regret her actions, but the big question is the timeframe and if that timeframe coincides with your own 'standing' timeframe. That's the big question...

Me 43 W 38
M 5 T 7
SD20
S15, S13 with 1st W
ILYBNILWY June 2010
Separation/Bomb July 2010
Divorce Feb 8, 2011
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: GAL Man
Dont think your thread should be "marathon", more of a Tour de France for you LOL

Yeah, it probably would make more sense. OTOH, we say it's a marathon, not a sprint, around here. We don't say it the Tour de France, not a sprint. laugh It's a sinister marathon, too. It's one without mile markers and multiple finish lines.

WAW LA LA Land, that is some place that, where do you get a passport to get in there then????

TBH, I've never inquired. I'm not sure I want to go there. shocked

Good luck with your planned convo with W

Hey, I appreciate it! smile

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for stopping in, LP.

Originally Posted By: LearningPatience

JB, I imagine that your W will come to regret her actions, but the big question is the timeframe and if that timeframe coincides with your own 'standing' timeframe. That's the big question...

Yes, that's a good question. I am not sure exactly what/where my breaking point is. I am not sure what I am willing to forgive. If we go all the way to D, I don't know what'll happen then. I'm just going day to day now.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

L
L
Day to day is the way to live it. Easier said than done, of course.

Me 43 W 38
M 5 T 7
SD20
S15, S13 with 1st W
ILYBNILWY June 2010
Separation/Bomb July 2010
Divorce Feb 8, 2011
T
T
jb, I know exactly how you feel right now. As our WAS's continue to move further away from us it becomes more unreal. I spent the afternoon thinking, "How did this happen?"

I think you're reaching the point where I was a few weeks ago. The reality of a D is really sinking in, and it's not clear whether to move forward or mark time.

Each of us has our breaking point; we can stand only so much mental and emotional abuse. After that, I think trying to save a marriage that is unsavable borders on masochism.

H 56
W 48
D27,S21
SS25
SS22 Severely autistic
M(#2 for both) 9 1/2 yrs.
"I've never loved you" 3/7/2011
Separated 8/7/2011
BITS
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard