Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
M
Is there some reason her accountant can't do the taxes so you can file M joint?

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
&
&
Quote:
So I am driving to work tomorrow morning and I get the following text

You have been sitting on a time machine all the while and didn't let us use? Come on!

Quote:

This seems like a very logical solution. File jointly but use her CPA. win win?

BITS

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: MichelleLT

NO WAY. Every year her CPA did our taxes I owed money. I am not sure why all I know is that for the first time in 4 yrs we used a different CPA last year and we had no problems. She was in OK for 2 months prior to the year ending and she owes the state of OK money???? WTH!! I would not let that lady balance the change in my car let alone my taxes.

I will pay the accountant.

I will split the return.

She can check everything before it is submitted and still pull out if she wants. As it is I stand to get money and she stands to pay. Really I think my offer is the better option here

BITS

OP Offline
Quote:
You have been sitting on a time machine all the while and didn't let us use? Come on!

Dude I never spell check LOL my bad. If I had a time machine you guys would all be invited

BITS

M
M
Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie
W: Why the loyalty?? Because she is not going to screw me because she was doing my taxes before you during you and after you. She is not going to screw me like you did. She is going to take care of me. That was your job but you were too damn selfish to do it. You always wanted to weasel your way out of paying the taxes. Always looking for a break. Why couldn't you just do it the honest way like everyone else. No doing your finance company always looking for a deductions. You wanted to not pay taxes that is why we always owed money.
Weird how you and her have such totally different perspectives on this CPA. Why do you think that is?

Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie
I will pay the accountant.

I will split the return.

She can check everything before it is submitted and still pull out if she wants. As it is I stand to get money and she stands to pay. Really I think my offer is the better option here
But her opinion is going to be the one that matters here. In order to file MFJ you have to have her cooperation.

So what are you going to do if she doesn't think it is the better option? Because she is right, married filing separately is the worst filing status you can have. Is MFS going to be better than letting her CPA do the taxes?

OP Offline
Quote:
Why do you think that is?

Her accountant is also her sister's MIL. I am sure she is a great accountant but anytime I use her I pay.

Quote:
So what are you going to do if she doesn't think it is the better option? Because she is right, married filing separately is the worst filing status you can have.

I know she is right that MFS is the worse way to file, however I am getting a return filing this way. She is the one paying.

Quote:
Is MFS going to be better than letting her CPA do the taxes?

Her CPA is NOT touching my taxes. I will be paying off a loan for the next 4 yrs thanks to her great advice. I am OK filing this way. I am getting money back for the first time in a decade. As you know michelle we only get taxed on straight pay but 70% of our income is non taxable. So I am ok. I am extending an olive branch to her giving up my return so that she does not have to pay and can walk away with some cash.

BITS

M
M
Very cool that you are getting a return filing MFS!

[censored] that she would have to pay with MFS, but that is her choice.

That is much clearer to me now. Sorry if I missed any details the first time around.

Ultimately the choice is hers. That was nice of you to offer to file MFJ to help her out. Guess we'll see whether pride keeps her from accepting your offer lol.

Z
Z
Holy Smokes 2....where was the popcorn when I needed it?!

She is still harboring ALOT of anger at everyone and everything. It's everyone else's fault she is in the position she is in. How come the WAS's never see their part in all of it? Or maybe she is starting to see the reprecussions of her decision to leave. Pride and Stuborness - what a combo!

And with my sitch, I know that MFS IS in fact the worse way you could file. Thankfully at least my H realized that with our taxes. She will see that MFJ is the better way to go as well.

I think you done good! You kept in DB mode when you could've REALLY gone off. You stayed the course. The new and improved 2 shined through. Great job!

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11
T
T
2step

You are falling on your sword on this one.

Don't.

You made a mistake in the past.

Say you're sorry.

If she brings it up again.

Say I'm sorry.

If she brings it up again.

Say I'm sorry.

You get the point she wants a diiferent answer and you gave her one.

You feel guilty so you're going to sacrifice yourself for her entitlement.

Tell her you undertand how she feels and that you will be filing separately.

Done.

She can't spew at you much more than she has so just go ahead and take the arrow and then pull it out and move on.

It can't get much simpler than M filing separate. She takes her hit and you take yours.

You're not going to win this one.

She is p!ssed so let her deal with it.

Nothing you can do.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
OP Offline
Gritter

The offered was made so I can't go back on it now. However it will have an expiration date. If she would like to continue to be stubborn and not take me up on that offer that's fine with me.

She has till Monday to make up her mind.

Filing MJ is much better for the both of us.

Either way I am going to be fine.

In the future we will not be having long conversation that attack my character unless she has new material.

I have understood.

I have asked for forgiveness

I have forgiven myself for not being perfect.

I am not mad at her AT ALL but I don't see how sitting on the phone while she rants about her tax situation is a benefit to either saving or not saving my M.

BITS

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard