Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
D
D
Did you like my costume, rocked?

I have to admit a personality clash with some of the inhabitants of the other place. I'd rather not add stress I don't need. I'd like to help here, but it seems, well, it just seems. So, maybe I'm getting a message!

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
S
S
IR,

How are you doing??? What have you got planned for the holiday?

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
I
OP Offline
I
Sol, I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I haven't been feeling motivated to post anything here...not much to write about. Unless you want to hear about how I baked a pumpkin pie on Sun? yes? OK. Well I was telling a dear friend of mine how DD made me buy a jar of pumpkin puree from the farmer's market. I had no idea what to do with it. I tried a spoonful and let's just say I'd rather eat a spoonful of... So anyway, she said why don't you use it to make a pumpkin pie? What?! I can make a pumpkin pie? I thought only women could do that...and who knew you could make a pie out of pumpkin puree?! I thought pumpkin pies came from the ovens or at least that's how I always saw STBXW make them...she'd open the oven and there they were! But whenever I tried it was always empty so I figured she broke it before she moved out, that vengful woman. Anyway, so I found a recipe online, it said to use eggs, puree, evaoprated milk, some spices. But get this! they didn't even know how to count. Instead of listing the ingrediants like 1,2,3...in order they were listing them as 1.4c, 1/4tsp, LOL how do they ever get through the publisher's quality control is anyone's guess. Anyway, so I said these people don't have a clue what they're talking about so I just combined all the ingredients, whatever I had in the biggest pot I had. That reminds me...I have to go buy another bag of salt now. Then I poured the said mixture into several pie crusts. Then I was supposed to cook them at 375deg for 35mins. Well the stupid pie tray caught on fire the minute I put it on the burner. I told you these people didn't know what they were saying. So I came up with the brilliant idea of using the oven instead. It even has a built-in temp control where you turn the dial to set whatever temp you need. I never knew they made ovens like that- gotta love the new technology. Anyway, I baked the pie and soon enough my smoke alarm started going off. I ran back to the kitchen waiting to see my pie up in flames...but it was the timer on the oven. I said a prayer and opened the oven door...and there it was- a giant pie and the aroma of pumpkin and cinnamon just like STBXW. I wish the process was a little simple but now I know. I thought it tasted great too. D6 took a bite and said 'mommy makes it better' I was about to go Homer Simpson on her 'you little...!'

Saw STBXW this morning as I was dropping DD off at school- haven't seen her in while. She was wearing a nice new white coat, new shoes going to work looking pretty hot I have to say. We passed eachother by on the way, I said 'hey, what's up?' she waved and said 'hi, just stopping by to see DD' I said 'ok...' as I kept walking back to my car. My mind started drifting thinking she looks nice and I bet some guy's probably all over her stuff. Then I had to stop that thought and said 'oh well...she gave me the best years of her life and the best gift of my daughter...the others can have the left overs' grin

Onward and upward.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
N
Quote:
'oh well...she gave me the best years of her life and the best gift of my daughter...the others can have the left overs'

awesome awesome awesome perspective and quote! Brought tears to my eyes! I will need to remember that! White coats are impractical- how long can she keep it clean? hmph!

Congrats on the pie! But I find it difficult to believe that it was your first attempt at baking...now for the Holiday cookies!

So what did you decide to do for the Thanksgiving holiday? Wait- I will go back and check to see if you already mentioned it.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
N
nope you didn't---so tell us!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Brought tears to my eyes!

Chopping onions while reading my posts? grin

NM, you're right, it wasn't my first but my second attempt at baking, the first one was when DD and I baked cupcakes for Halloween. I got her a little kid's cupcake making kit they had on sale. I wish I didn't though, the cup cakes are bite sized...way too small of a pan but I'll just pick up a regular one at Target one of these days. Hmm NM, cookies huh? is that a challenge? Hold my beer and watch this...lol OK I'll have to see what's needed to bake cookies, STBXW used to bake chocolate chip cookies, yum. I'm not much of a cook/baker...I'm one that you call when it's all ready grin

As for the TG plans, we're staying local. We'll hit the San Diego zoo or the Safari park on the weekend and the rest of the days we'll just chill. I plan to pick up a whole cooked chicken (instead of turkey) for dinner on Thu. We'll say our thanks for everything I need; my daughter, my family and friends, health, roof over my head, food on the table...and of course, my hot looks grin

How about you guys?

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
N
Haha Romeo, you crack me up!
You've got a good attitude...

Me... Hoping TG will bring me closer to my preoccupied H, and detached from my EA. A struggle every day, every hour...

N
N
New Life- sorry to thread jack-- to get over an EA you must eliminate every possible shred of connection to that person. Check out www.marriagebuilders.com.

Please don't destroy your family. I get that all of us are vulnerable to EAs so I am not demonizing you or anything, I am not being dramatic. Please take the willpower and the cahonas and commit yourself to no contact. Your struggle will get easier the more you don't have a connection to the man. As for your preoccupied H, better do some divorcebusting on his a$$ smile

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
N
Romeo--the best sugar cookies ever--pssst... Betty Crocker's Sugar Cookie Mix in a box! I am being serious--one year exH and I tested 4 different sugar cookie recipes before he finally insisted we just try a premade mix...the ^%$&#@ was right. They were super good!

But please make your own frosting because it's so easy--look on the back of the powdered sugar box (whip butter, add powered sugar, vanilla and milk). Divide the icing into different portions and die the icing different colors (one is red, one is yellow, etc.) Whatever you don't use that day (because we all get burned out on decorating cookies, you can refrigerate it and then you can soften it the next day by adding some milk.

Then get any kind of topping you can find for cupcakes and cookies, play the Christmas songs and you and D will have A BLAST! Oh and the yummiest ones have like 3+ toppings on them--I swear smile

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
N
NewMama,

hijack away! Yes, I've been trying to DB my H's a$$ for some time now... Decades!!!
The EA ended a long, deep depression that has lasted 3 years due to our SSM.

Unfortunately, my EA was a great friend before I turned it into more a month ago or so... It brought about many positive changes for me.

However, I'm pretty clear about the addiction aspect of the EA, and ran to a IC who specializes in this... Literally in a panic. We are working on separating the reality from the fantasy (he turned out to be MUCH younger) than me.

Unfortunately, H keeps rejecting me... Opportunity we had to go on an Adult date a week ago (no kids!!!) and seems clueless...

So, I'm keeping my head... But as OM accepts no contact, it makes mecwant to reach out even more -- feeling twice rejected, by H and by EA.

Who knows... Some days are just harder than others.

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard