Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
G
G
Punking,

Thanks for explaining! I LOVE the idea of pig races. Are they held year round? Or is that a seasonal phenomenon?

Originally Posted By: punkin
And a corn maze is where you take your feller to 'get lost' for a little while. They have a huge one in Texas. Now, all this is from the teenage POV, but it's more fun than the adult pov of this one.

I'm feeling that I missed a developmental stage! crazy

GAG

C
OP Offline
C
GAG

You can borrow my kids rent free! smile I let my D12 lead the way and we only hit 2 dead ends! It was fun! As far as the pig races go...I have only seen them at this pumpkin patch...not sure if they have them anywhere else here or not! BTW, that was MY first time in a corn maze!

Next year, the kids want to check out haunted houses...think they are outgrowing the pumpkin patch! Sad....

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
C
OP Offline
C
Crazy day today...went to work...had nothing on the books for this morning...a man called and made an appt for 10:30...a little later he calls and asks if he can come early...great! I just got started on his hair and IN walks D'd guy!!!! Aaaahhh!!! He gets his hair cut somewhere else but buys his hairspray from us...this is the first time "I" have been working when he has come in to buy it....I KNOW the Lord was there with me sending my haircut guy in early otherwise I would have been there ALONE with no escape!

Then...I had to travel 15mi to go to see dermatologist and went in early since I wasn't busy to look for shoes...they had nothing so I was only in there maybe 10mins and the truck wouldn't start (it has been acting up)...GREAT! Wouldn't even try to start...totally dead! My first thought was to call H and then...duh!...I remembered I didn't have him to call anymore! Called a friend, she took me to the appt and DIL picked me up...TG they both have flexible schedules and work nearby!!! DIL brought jumper cables and we got it started. I still had plenty of time before I had to be back to work and it just hit me to stop at Autozone. A girl waited on me...told her what happened and she grabbed the "thingy" and put it on the truck and the alternator was fine but the battery was bad...so...bought a dang battery and SHE put it in for me right there! I probably could have brought it home and S15 or SS could have put it in but didn't want to take a chance at it not starting again and D'd man drives the only tow truck around....AGAIN...I believe God was at work by putting the thought of Autozone in my head! Good thing I didn't find any shoes since I had to buy a battery!

The appt w/the dermatologist went fine..he said it was good I came in...said it looked like the basal cell type stuff and he took it off...he also took off another mole from my upper hip area...it was black and honestly...I didn't even know it was there. He said "you don't look like you worship the sun" so I told him I do use the tanning bed in the spring and he said no more! Gammit!!! (sorry) Luckily, they are coming out with all kinds of good self tanners now...

Tomorrow I go see the oncologist...went for bloodwork last week...making sure that I am indeed post-menopausal as he wants to switch me from tamoxifen to something newer....last week when I went for bloodwork, they had me sit in the room that I had to go to for chemo. No one was getting chemo at that time but it really triggered some memories of that time...I swear they had the same halloween decorations up! My stomach was in knots the whole time!

Who asked me to post stuff about my life? There ya go!!! smile

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
J
J
Originally Posted By: courageous wife

Next year, the kids want to check out haunted houses...think they are outgrowing the pumpkin patch! Sad....

I actually just took my kids S8 and D5 on a Haunted Hayride this past weekend. It was a first for me and we all loved it! It was mildly scary and after we were done (it was like 40 mins long) both kids said "Can we do it again???" lol!!!

Fun stuff!!

Me-40 H-41
M: 10 yrs T: 12
S9/D5
ILYBINILWY - Separated: 01/06
Reconciled: 08/06
H depressed again: 02/10
Separated again: 9/17/10
P
P
CW,

You had me laughing with stories about your day. My day yesterday was similar in many respects. I spent the whole day & my lunch hour and accomplished nothing.

As for the chemo, etc., you know you are in all our prayers and thoughts. I had no idea they changed you from Tamoxifen if you were post menopausal. What's the supposed hitch?

My grands are getting older, too. Oldest is 10, and she is a step-granddaughter to D24 going through divorce. They can do as they like, but I WILL NOT LOSE MY GRANDCHILDREN. One thing they will never had to wonder about is Does Grandma Punkin luv me?

M
M
Hi CW - just catching up on your life smile....you are sounding good, strong...going on with your life...We are on these boards for about the same length of time and yes we have come a long way...we seem to be more at peace...for the most part anyways.

Take care my friend smile

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
Hi-
Your thread is large, please start a new one.
Thanks,
sg

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
C
OP Offline
C
Well, this seems to be a good time to start a new thread...got papers in the mail today from my L...H is proceding with the D.

To be continued...

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
G
G
CW,

I'm sorry. I know that this feels like a kick in the gut but there is a long way to go before any D can become final. Make H do the work and make him pay for as much of the attorneys' fees as possible.

Thinking of you.

GAG

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks GAG

Let's look at the bright side...it was time to go back on the LBS diet as I have gained 6bls back in the last 4mos since my last checkup.

SG-I promise I will get a new thread started later today.

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard