Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
V
V
Wow! That must be the weather we are supposed to get the next couple days. I almost never look at the forecast, since it never changes. But I did today, and was a bit surprised.

R
R
Originally Posted By: soleil

Chicken soup and merlot is a hilarious combo. I do love your new song, IR. Hope things are rockin and a rollin in your world smile

Hey Sol! That's my line! grin

But you can borrow it... and I DO hope things are rockin and rolling in both your worlds! cool

and BTW I think chicken soup and merlot sounds like a fabulous combination!

S
S
This does suck that it has to drag on so long. It leaves you with agonizing uncertainty about your future financial situation.

Are the L's trying to work things out before the court imposed settlement meeting?

I
OP Offline
I
Jeff, the 24+ hr downpour was brutal but we could always use the water here. It's tapering off now so get ready smile

K, thanks for the well wishes. Our worlds have already been rocked and rolled on, luckily mine's springy smile

Kerry, yes it sucks. Well we'd made them a settlement offer and they never bothered to reply by the indicated deadline. So it's going to turn nasty which is fine by me except it'll waste more money that neither her nor I nor DD will get to have. That's the part that bothers me the most. But she's never managed to save a dime, doesn't know what it takes to save up etc all she sees is a big fat check getting written to her name. She's clueless about how 10s of thousands of dollars are going into the L's pockets.

You know I was drooling over some cool motorcyles online...and then I went, F*ck! I could've bought 2 of those cool bikes with the money I've already forked over to the Ls. Not that I would waste money it was never my style but lately I want something, a change, a passion- something to put my energy into and feel good/satisfied with life.

I have my to-do list; people I want to go visit, things I want to do, things I need to do etc but I just wait and wait as if by magic my life will one day be in order and I'll start working the list. I have to just do a lot of these things but at the end of the day it all comes down to finances and when I have no idea what's mine and what isn't it's hard to start writing checks or taking big steps in life. So the limbo sucks but I need to be mindful that even when the divorce is done my life won't automatically become different/desirable the next day, it won't end the struggles in life. It'll merely be a clean start without the ball and chain dragging me down.

Sometimes I just want to show the finger to the world, find a long lonely highway and just ride off on a screaming fast bike- destination unknown or non-existent.

IR <--- rebel smile

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
W
W
Originally Posted By: ImprovedRomeo
Not that I would waste money it was never my style but lately I want something, a change, a passion- something to put my energy into and feel good/satisfied with life.

Drinking water is always a good way to start. It's inexpensive, it's there whenever you want it and without it you'd die. There's variety involved so you can never get bored, there's tap or bottled, bath water, toilet water, dishwashing water, rain water (as you well know)...the choices are endless. Drink it with a friend. Close your eyes and mindfully savour that taste. Water is definately something to get passionate about... and talk about satisfying! Hey, you can also baptize yourself with it. IMHO it's a small but important step towards a new and fulfilling life. Are you in?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Kerry, yes it sucks. Well we'd made them a settlement offer and they never bothered to reply by the indicated deadline. So it's going to turn nasty which is fine by me except it'll waste more money that neither her nor I nor DD will get to have. That's the part that bothers me the most.

Understandably frustrating. It's like, why drag this out any longer than it needs to be? I have no idea why the heck this happens but it does. I dont get why a lot of WAS' choose to do this crap. Well, at least now you know that the road will be a little longer, but no worries, you'll get there, Romeo.

Sometimes I just want to show the finger to the world, find a long lonely highway and just ride off on a screaming fast bike- destination unknown or non-existent.
IR <--- rebel smile

I like this smile Improved Rebel without a cause!

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
I
OP Offline
I
Water ain't gonna do it this time wii. I need something deeper something that stirs the soul. What else you got?

Sol, now you know there's a rebel inside me behind this pretty face grin

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
R
R
Water ain't gonna do it this time wii. I need something deeper something that stirs the soul. What else you got?

Sol, now you know there's a rebel inside me behind this pretty face grin

OK... so Romeo... if finances and time were not an issue, if you had no restrictions at all and could do anything you would want to.... what would you choose to do?

Dream big... tap into your passions... then find a way to make those big dreams "doable" within the restrictions of the reality of life.

One of the gifts that comes to us out of the pain of all this is that we can focus on ourselves again... and rediscover who we truly are and what makes us tick.

Time to embrace that my friend! smile

W
W

Well, a Colonscopy might do the trick!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
A
A
Originally Posted By: whatisis

Well, a Colonscopy might do the trick!

That's getting pretty deep! Is that the fun thing to do in Canada? ;-)

M:39 W:37
Together: 16 years
Married: 11 years
Bomb: May '09 (ILYBNILWY)
Moved out: Nov '09
D: 10, 8, 4
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard