Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: cat04
You have plenty to digest right now anyway.

Yes I know there has been a LOT of good stuff posted here and I have not had time yet to go back over and back over this stuff to really let it sink in.

I am planning on doing that this weekend.

You also mentioned an almost romantic weekend with a woman not so long ago…

Yes I did see that immediately for what is was - a little boost to the old self esteem, however(nice word Cat do I owe you a nickle?)this is not my first rodeo and that is what I indulged in after my 1st M. Tempting.....

.....not good for Grit's journey.

My buddies have taken to joking with me about tallying how many women I can run off...rather than the other way around...

and I am going for the record! Yes I AM still standing.

And you do report a lot of interaction with your W, some better than others

Notwithstanding the foregoing <<<<<<<<<this is my new euphamism for BUT and you owe me a nickel if you use it!

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the last conversation I had with W I think really did some damage. She is feeling all the pain now, she is off her meds, I would guess OM thing is cratering and she is just pissed as hell at happy little Grit.

She is back in the tunnel and I would not be surpised if I don't hear from her for a while. My friend called me to tell me she added her pre-me last name on her FB. I don't look at it so I didn't know.

Whatever that means...

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
E
E
Mach...

Quote:
Personality is who the world sees...

Character is who you are when the lights are off...

So true...so true...

Grit - how you holding up dude?

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
C
C
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Notwithstanding the foregoing

Fancy word for but…

Don’t think you are gonna slide if you use it in the wrong context wink

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
T
OP Offline
T
Cat -Not looking to slide....

I had a busy weekend pretty much non-stop social enagements. Didn't have much time to devote to looking over things and getting my sh!t together.

W's b-day was yesterday I had sent her a card. Then I texted her happy birthday. She responded that she enjoyed the card that is was very sweet....

That's it.

I will be journaling my progress here shortly on the BIG homework assigment I have for myself...

T
OP Offline
T
Ok number one on the list of things to kill:

1)I don't want to lose myself or escape from my troubles by partying with my friends. I don't want to go to bars, parties etc. where I may have too much to drink.

This does not serve my journey. This does not serve me. This does not fill me with a sense of courage, dignity and grace.

I will instead continue to pursue my horseback riding. Spend time with my niece and nephew, learn Italian, and hiking the many nature trails where i live.

That is the first thing about myself that is a failing that I intend to kill.

D
D
Attaboy, True.

Keep looking inward. Remember, changes take time. That's the only way they stick.

J
J
If I may True...

and I will.

Quote:

1)I don't want to lose myself or escape from my troubles by partying with my friends. I don't want to go to bars, parties etc. where I may have too much to drink.

THAT is more of a syptom to stop...there is a reason for the syptom to kill.

Suggest...start doing things that make you proud of yourself, give yourself some pride.

When is the last time you took your parents out, gave back to the community or something like that? Get back your sense of self...and the 'escape' from you won't be needed.

Two birds...one stone...remember laser in on your weaknesses...things you hate kill those, not the effects of them.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

J
J
PS - dress BUT up anyway you want...its still an excuse.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

B
B
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Ok number one on the list of things to kill:

This does not serve my journey. This does not serve me. This does not fill me with a sense of courage, dignity and grace.

I will instead continue to pursue my horseback riding. Spend time with my niece and nephew, learn Italian, and hiking the many nature trails where i live.

That is the first thing about myself that is a failing that I intend to kill.

I like this. Especially the part about courage, dignity and grace. The mistakes we do or do not make while getting through this will help form the people we become.

A broken bone that isn't set correctly will be crooked and weak when it heals. We are the same way.

Good for you for seeing the bigger picture in dealing with your healing.

formerly known as "shelbel"
Me 40, stbxh 40
DSs 9, 7 & 3
M9, T10
Stbxh is a diagnosed bipolar & an addict. The end.
B
B
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
PS - dress BUT up anyway you want...its still an excuse.

What if it's simply the use of a preposition intended to show contrast rather than exception?

"The MLC forum is not keen on excuses, but would rather see some personal accountability followed by real and lasting change."

whistle
wink

formerly known as "shelbel"
Me 40, stbxh 40
DSs 9, 7 & 3
M9, T10
Stbxh is a diagnosed bipolar & an addict. The end.
Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard