Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 46 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 45 46
C
C
Ok True,

We have played enough for now...

Mach asked you some tough questions, and I for one, am interested in your response...

So keep talking...

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
D
D
Good on you, True. We have to be the person we were meant to be. And only we know who that is - no one else can tell us.

So, you've got some thinking to do. Take your wife out of it. What kind of man did you always wish you could be? Who do you admire and why? What characteristics or attributes in a person makes you smile, makes you feel good about them?

Mach, I know you know better than to say even one little thing that infers even the most miniscule negative about Cat, right?
Ok? just sayin'. Richard Simmons, sheesh.
And what the heck is up with the "darling" stuff? I leave for a little while and find out your brain turned to mush when I was gone.

Cat, you have no idea what kind of wonderful person you really are.

E
E
Quote:
Cat just tells it like she sees it.

That's the truth!

Cat - thanks for today. I needed. (Sorry for the hijack True).

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
E
E
True

Quote:
I am not quitting! I want this for ME. I CAN be a better man. I know I am a BETTER man already.

F*cking A. That's what I am talking about buddy. Now STFU and show yourself that man. Show it.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: mach1
So....It's out there....

How are you going to deal with it?

What options do you have?

I am dealing with the money part. I have steady income now. I am waiting for a deal to close and then I will look for my own place.

This is getting better and better actually. I am back in the business I used to do which is mergers and acquisitions and I have moved back to the town where I have spent most of my career and am getting very good reception.

This part has been very healthy for me. I still need to get better at focusing on this because I do get bogged down with the emotional garbage with W.

I like what brooklyn said every day I need to decide that I am going to be that man. Get up and do it.

I need to not worry about W. You're right Mach F#ck her, I mean that in the most loving and detached way not with anger. I do. I want to be the confident truegritter again and I'm not going to get there using my W for a mirror.

Originally Posted By: mach1
Did your job , and money define who you were/are as a person ?

I guess if I'm honest I'll say this. I left a VERY lucrative career in investment banking where I was a principal in my own firm to start a business in beverage alcohol (yeah I know why not just try flying to the moon instead)

It has been a very long and difficult learning curve in the business. Of course a lot of people thought that I was crazy. I have invested a lot of money in it as well. It probably was my own MLC. I did attach a lot of my identity to it and its success I felt very much reflected on me personally. It is actually doing well now. Not making a lot but not losing money.

W only knew me when I was in alcohol biz she never knew me when I was a banker.

Now that I am back in M&A I really find I am much better at it. I have gained a different perpective I didn't have before. I don't have fear anymore. Looking utter finacial disaster right in the face and walking away does give you a different perpective on things. It's like having a near death experience.

I think I am goiong to embrace this part of me because it really is the best part of the new Grit. I can stand in a room with sharks and negotiate my way through and I can't handle a convo with W...????? WTF Grit? Really...?

Thank you for asking these questions because it is important for me to understand who I am and...

... who I want to be.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
T
OP Offline
T
Op

If you're around I joined FB under my DB handle and I think joined the DB site by just clicking the "I like this" button or what else to I have to do?

J
J
Become a FAN.

Take a look at some of the other FANS.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

T
OP Offline
T
I didn't see where to click to become a fan???

T
OP Offline
T
Ok Cat friended me so I'm hooked in.

T
OP Offline
T
Well......

W didn't call last night. I knew she wouldn't I would have bet on it.

She is entering a phase I think. OM must be phasing out. I just feel that is the case- no evidence.

She is really starting the blame game and saying things like Our personalities don't mesh. You and your family are always blaming. You know the drill. It's everybody else right? not what's inside her.

I am going to continue as I have been. Letting her contact me.

Her birthday is Sunday she will be 39. I got her a card which I will mail.

Last edited by Truegritter; 05/18/10 12:00 PM.

Page 24 of 46 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 45 46

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard