Print Thread
Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35
K
K
God help me, I do love it so....

S
OP Offline
S
Why, Sunny! You seem to know a lot about this southerly city in Coastal State! Hmmmmm! wink

I'm a bit pressed for time but integrity demands that this be got out. I ran into STBXMRSSP quite inadvertently this morning while she was dropping Themselves off at school. After a brief snit-fit, an odd quiet descended upon her. Something was on her mind. So in Big Midwesten City fashion, I asked her to pull up a stoop.

It appears that rather a great deal of the insanely ludicrous stuff that she has been doing on the legal front is being generated not by her but by her lawyer-who also appears to be disregarding a lot of STBX's expressed preferences - much to STBX's frustration - so much so in fact that if we don't reach resolution soon STBX is going to fire her and represent herself.

So perhaps I have been unduly harsh and critical of STBX.

Anyway, more to come.

P
P
Or, maybe she's delusional, or simply lying about that.

Puppy

W
W
She can also say NO to her lawyers recommendations, it is possible!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
Hey Smile Guy..

And so the cycle begins again.

Remember.. this is the same mother who ignobly ignores her children. This is the same woman who's moaned about the near occasion of paying alimony even before having a lawyer. This is a woman who may be feeling the financial pinch of impulsive major expenditures.

And you are the same guy who likes to fix, who likes to protect.

Maybe she does have a wacky lawyer who's out of control. And unless she pulls back her pit bull then how much different would the settlement be?

My lawyer always told me to listen but make no agreements. You went out of your way in a down homey manner to provide an opportunity for dialog. Yet she still is your adversary. She still has an agenda that has not changed.

And the round and round dance y'all have continues.

*hugs*

S
OP Offline
S
Perhaps I wasn't writing in English. That happens from time to time.

I said nothing about fixing, nothing about protecting.

I simply suggested that IF I have been unduly harsh and have (a) reacted to and/or (b) kvetched about here things she was advised to do or that were done in her name, then perhaps I should take care to be (more impeccable?) (less peccable?) in my posts. She manages to annoy quite succeaafully on her own - nothing to be gained by tarring her with someone else's brush. As for saying "no," we are talking about a textbook Enabler here.

S
OP Offline
S
@Puppy: Rest assured that, as much as it pains me to quote Ronald Reagan, my watchword will be "trust, but verify."

P
P
LMAO, SP.

yeah, my favorite quote. I know that was hard for you -- thanks for throwing me a conservative bone. grin

G
G
SP,
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
...as much as it pains me to quote Ronald Reagan, my watchword will be "trust, but verify."
I remember loving that turn of phrase at the time: it sounded uncharacteristically reasonable and benign; the press loved it and jumped all over it; it even rhymed in Russian, and - best of all - when parsed, it really meant, "Don't trust."

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
I'd prefer this rendition of a fav..

"STBXW! Tear Down That Wall!!!"

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9