Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
M
MHL Offline
M
Another hard part is waiting (or not waiting) for the next positive thing to happen.

Something good happens, we kind get our heartstrings plucked a little and then we get our hopes up a little and wait for the next thing to happen.

We need to detatch even more as Cat said.

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
C
C

MHL,

Not detatch more, just don’t allow yourself to get sucked back in too quickly. Eventually, the detatchment has to come to an end but carefully and slowly.

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
S
S
Originally Posted By: trustingfaith
Of course, a year ago he was trying to be "single" so I guess it makes sense.

That's probably a key point, right there! If your H isn't trying to be "single" anymore. That would be a wonderful thing if your H is there!!

M
M
TF - Often when I'm down about H I sing to myself "Time is on my side, yes it is" By The Rolling Stones, it seems to help LOL.

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
T
OP Offline
T
Cat and MHL - that is the hard part. Trying to maintain the correct level of being detached and allowing that to ease off when needed.

SC - Not sure where he is as far as that goes, but he will now be seen with us in public it seems. Yet he still does for the most part try not to let me into his life too much yet as far as what he tells me, etc. Sloooooooowly that is improving. But veeeeerrrrrrry sloooooooowly.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
T
OP Offline
T
Mila - guess I should add that to my playlist! I too keep reminding myself that what is a couple of years of hell compared to what our M has been and where it could be for a much longer time than that. The lessons we have learned, the pain we have gone through, all of that can make the M so much stronger in the future if given the chance.

Previous thread
M
MHL Offline
M
TF,
Sorry for the hijack but I think we are in the same boat for now.

Cat,
Understand what you are saying, I think this stage of the game that it is a balancing act between letting down that guard a little in order to be around them and do things with them but not be surprised or hurt when they take a step back or are not progressing in step with you.

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
M
M
TF - Nicely said

Quote:
The lessons we have learned, the pain we have gone through, all of that can make the M so much stronger in the future if given the chance

Yes "if given the chance"

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
T
OP Offline
T
MHL-

Quote:
Cat,
Understand what you are saying, I think this stage of the game that it is a balancing act between letting down that guard a little in order to be around them and do things with them but not be surprised or hurt when they take a step back or are not progressing in step with you.

I think that sums it up really well. I am trying to find that balance - it is so hard!

Mila - I guess time will tell if we will be given that chance, but if not with this M maybe a new one.

Previous thread
M
M
Originally Posted By: trustingfaith

I think that sums it up really well. I am trying to find that balance - it is so hard!

It IS hard ....

Maybe you should try just living for you for now....

Focusing on finding the balance is keeping you from actually finding the balance...?????

No need for a temperature check....

You will be found if anything changes....

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard