Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
F
F
I was going to add something profound and witty but sometimes nothing needs to be said
grin
of course I did say all this now

and

those newcomers, some are like hellcats...sheeeeeeesh...I just remember laughing and crying on here and praying and lots and lots of recipes!!!!

D
D
(((((((Lissie))))))

smile

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
I still feel and see boundaries with an MLC at the begining as a great way to fast track them out of the LBSers life. Come across as controling and everything the MLC wants to get away from.

I think maybe the consequences part of boundaries is what you feel drives the MLC'er away?

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
D
D
What I find discouraging sometimes and admittedly frustrating, I have come accross several "newer" members who right out of the box are trying to determine if their spouse is a WAS or in MLC, some ever so determined in their analysis, how is one concidered at mid-life crisis when they in their 20'S? crazy

Same answer each time, it doesn't matter which they are or aren't in. The fact of the matter is they are unhappy enough to throw everything away, and or cheat, destroy the children's lives, and to do this there MUST be valid reason to do so.

And it's the folks that want to argue, "no, my W/H is in MLC, I'm sure" who are the very same ones that will say they, themselves were the perfect spouse and did NOTHING wrong, and really delay the process.

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
J
OP Offline
J
I meant boundaries with the OP.

Specifically?

"Me or him!"

Thats a no brainer to see how that will turn out.

Yes to boundaries in so much as "You will not sleep* with him in my bed while I'm in the smae room/house."

But a boundary with "Do not see him or I will walk away..."

Not many have the ability to walk away, the MLCer calls the bluff and now the LBS has no...bite.

I just see it as bad strategy.

Once the LBSer has been established as a changed and better person in the eys of the MLCer the boundary MIGHT work...they sure as should be in place if/when the MLC wants to 'work' on the relationship.

Hi Liss. : )

* sleep - come on really, you know what I mean?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
L
I agree with Fig....The boundaries are for ourselves. I will admit that I sometimes float into the newcomer realm to mix things up......but the confrontation before addressing their own issues thing just eats me up.

I am still waiting to see the perfect person....until that time I accept we all have faults. How we deal with those faults is what defines us.

In the end...success is about ourselves and rising above the carnage.....which in IMHO speaks loudly of the people who choose this route.

"As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves. " Gandhi

Now there is a guy with some strength.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
M
M
I'm not so sure the whole MLC/WAS thing means as much after time..

A lot of people question this until they FINALLY learn that this journey isn't about their spouse so much as it is about THEM...

Mis-guided boundries are the killer....on either...

Originally Posted By: Drew
And to this day, I'm not sure if my ex was WAW or MLC, but you know what?

It is what it is.

EXACTLY.......

B
B
I'm back to posting a bit more than before mostly because of the chaos that I keep finding in Newcomers.

When I first came here, I started out in Newcomers. If some of the more experienced folk hadn't come along and reached out to me, I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to fix my focus.

There's just too much pain and confusion in our lives when our spouse tells us they are done. Too much.

Those folks over there need someone reaching out to them, helping them to get their feet under themselves, helping them to make some sense of what is happening and how to begin to survive it.

I learned here, in some cases from some of you, that there is little that you can do initially to help your situation...but there is LOTS you can do to do it further damage. That's what worries me about over there right now. Person after person is arriving shell-shocked and being told a) that their spouse is probably having an affair, and b) that they should tell them to stop the affair or get out.

All that kind of advice does is place both the burden and the focus on the wandering spouse.

It's a shame.

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
L
L
Totally agree B....I think only the really tough ones make it out of Newcomers....but like Jack said....maybe it is cutting out those who aren't really ready for the next steps.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
J
OP Offline
J
Bill,

I do not know if you ever saw the post about a week or two ago on my other thread. Basically you and Deb are class acts.

I saw what happened over in newcomers.

For what you do there, you have my respect...but not only for that. You are an example many here should aspire to.

Maybe its the tired in me not looking to kick over the anthill. : )

Maybe not everyone can be saved.

Maybe I'm not that brave, or too selfish to spend my time fighting the current.

In that, I also admire you your conviction.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard