Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
J
J
Quote:

uh...I don't have any piercings...but thanks for asking.

Smart a ss. Piecing sounds so preety and nice and was harder than anything else...hence piercing. : )

I am glad for you and really I think if you did complain a ton of peple here would stone you. : )

Quote:

FIB...

Call me crazy, but I think you're redirecting your anger.

Cha-Ching!! Exactly.
FIB, I might have it totally wrong, but what comes through in what you write...I'm not asking because I am grabbing at straws here. I am asking because what comes out of your post is held in check anger. (To me)

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I went through that several years ago with my Siberean/German Shepard of 15 years. The horizontal spine seems to be a bad design.

My XW hates animals and thinks they are filthy. Not long after we married, she insisted that the cats and dog live in the garage and the back yard. I should have stood my ground.

After I booted her from the house, the cats were invited back in to live with the kids and I as a family. It was pretty funny to see the expression on W's face when she came to pick the kids up one day and noticed the cats lounging around with the kids in the living room. She wanted to say something, but she knew that the kids already liked having the cats in the house.

F
OP Offline
F
Poohbear...at? FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
Oh Kerry that really was a red flag, I hope you say, love me love my animals on your profile the next time around.

Gosh I even rely on my dogs judgement on whether he likes someone or not! not so much my cats opinion (but she is female and fickle) and in fact always tries to sit on the lap of the only person in a room who does not like cats!

Have you got no dog now as I see only the cats got invited back in?

S
S
After taking the old dog for a walk one evening a few years back, she was bouncing all over the floor in pain and could not get up. I had to take her in to a vet to euthanize her.

The 15 year old sibling cats (Donny and Marie) were eaten by coyotes last summer. I still am bummed about losing Donny as he was the most friendly and cool cat I ever knew. The kids want to get another cat, but I am not ready. When the time comes, I dont think that I will let any new cat go outside - too many coyotes and raccoons in my neighborhood.

Oh Gosh,eaten by coyotes! my cat was recently hit by a car, broke her pelvis and lost her tail but is ok now.
My old cat was nearly 20 and died of old age really.

I hope you get some new animals they really do enhance your life and such a comfort.You can never replace the ones gone before I know but they all find a space in your heart.

P
P
FIB...

It's obvious you're anger is directed at your wife. Your responses to her is your passive aggressive way of participating in a pissing contest with her. Does it make you feel better when you do it? I don't believe it does.

I'm not saying it's easy. I went through the same crap from my W. There were so many things I wanted to yell at her. I wouldn't let myself stoop to her level. I was going to be the better person.

Your thread title says you are in the acceptance phase. I believe that is one or two phases past the anger phase. Are you really accepting the situation, or are you still stuck at anger?

We all understand that you are in a lot of pain. You've endured much more than a lot of folks would be willing to deal with. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just take a moment to think about your actions before you do them. Take a deep breath, then take another one, and another one. Then think again...then act.

Most of all, think of how you would want your children to act when they are adults in a difficult situation. They will remember these days. Be their role model.

PoohBear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
W
WCW Offline
W
Quote:
My dog, a rescued grey...has been showing increased weakness in his back legs. He's lost 16lbs. I received a panic call from the kids the other day. I brought him in and he has 'canine degenerative myelopathy', or, sorta, a type of multiple sclerosis for dogs. He will have progressive loss of use of his rear legs, eventually requiring euthanasia. He is 12 1/2.
My faithful dog is also 12 1/2 and a large breed adoptamut. He gets an arthritis aspirin as needed for pain but I just started him on a product called Steadfast to help improve mobility. A little spendy for a large breed dog but it claims visible results in 7 - 10 days or your money back.

Take care.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
F
OP Offline
F
wCW....I started him on Rimadyl as per Doc's prescription.

To poohbear....no...I don't think it's anger. I don't treat her with anger, but, I am still treated with disrespect and it IS still difficult over time. In the last few weeks:

-my laundry, which I do for everyone, is culled out and dumped into a basket wet. I fold hers; she dumps mine
-a completely fabricated letter is written to the LG (printed here)
-my D5 is taken to the pediatrician and started on antibiotics without my notification
-my D5 is nearly dragged out of the house on a cold rainy night with a fever of 100.4, 2 days after a febrile seizure

No poohbear....displaced anger? No. Trying to keep my kids sanity and healthy and give her space and detachment..yes.

No...I have no anger for her. It's the reverse that is true. I appreciate your input tho'...and your support.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
Frank?

Why the hell are you even folding her clothes?

Perhaps anger isn't the right word.

Bitterness...resentment...it is something that flavors your interactions with her.

Do as does...leave her clothes in wet little clumps...or why even do anything with her clothes?

You are too kind, and then you get upset at her for being such a nice guy.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard