Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Quote:
So now I have NFC. I've had conflicting advice from every single person thats offered an opinion, my mind is blank and I dont know how to handle it and he might cancel or maybe we will meet later.

Ali it just feels like, that from an online POV I think it falls between go and DB be funny charming etc.
or
go and be honest and tell him just what you feel.

Looks like he is going to cancel anyway, sooooooo why would you want this person for a friend-oh yes past history keyword being past.
When and if he returns to the person you love then rethink your plan.
Ali, please look after yourself you seem to be hell bent on torturing yourself with your mind in such turmoil.
I can see that I would put up with loads if I was in a relationship with Mr Wonderful or Fantastic in bed but I am much more select over my friends.
Did you start the pills at £7.10p per script you had better take them, what did he give you? They take a while to kick in I believe so start now and you can be Miss Don't give a dam by christmas-yehhhh

A
OP Offline
A
Hi Jeff! Um, I might be relieved if he cancels, I am not sure tonight is the best night, especially if its going to be rushed, say a 9pm meeting...I would prefer to meet him on the weekend (might be tricky for him?). No idea why he sounded not so good, probably tired and a little nervous I guess. Perhaops he does want to say something to me, which wouldnt be surprising

As for me.. if he sounds that bad, it would be easier for me to say, well hows things, and to say, I have found it hard with the lack of honesty between us and to apologise to him for my part in that. To say that I was very concerned about his depression for most of the year, which made me wary of expresing myself and also, I wasnt wanting to push him. And that this past 3 months I havent been open with him either, becuase I didnt feel as though I could,

Thats all I can think to say. Just talk about my feelings? Not ask him anyting and not mention Helen?

I've been lying in teh bath relaxing, but not really sure if it will happen anyway?

Ali, how about this for a thought.

If you feel that his nervousness,depression etc is related to having to meet you face to face and you love him enough why not tell him how you feel from the heart but that you are happy if he is happy in his new life and leave it open for him to them open up to you.
Does that make sense or do you understand what I mean, baring in mind this might not achieve what you want but what he wants.

R
R
Ali,

I guess I'd say it is your call, but if you meet him, I wouldn't beat around the bush w/ him as it would only prolong your agony.

I'd do what naej suggests, tell him the truth from your heart and let him know it is ok for him to go. You can and always will love him, but you won't always be in love with him.

I really hope you do meet and talk w/ him about everything you need to address. If he shrinks away, then he shrinks away. In fact, would you really be surprised if he shrinks away from conflict? Neither would I.

I would be concerned if you chose not to meet up or chose to duck the issue in any way. You've been dying for this and driving yourself mad over it, so now that it is here, you need to do it for yourself.

Maybe you are afraid you will hear that it is, in fact, over and you don't want to hear those words.

You can put it off, but I don't see how it won't make anything any easier on you.

Do it for yourself. Take care of yourself. This meeting has and will be for Ali and not BF. You are the only one left to take care of you right now, so it is up to you to do it.

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

A
OP Offline
A
No... it is over, I know that. Thats not the same as being brave enough to say it all, the first time I see him after 3 months of not seeing him. This is hard for me, and maybe I need to take it in stages. I have been pretty upset lately, I feel ok right now, I want to see how he is when I see him, to be honest and I wil have to take it from there.

Thats if he doesnt cancel!

Thank you everyine for helping me through this.

A
OP Offline
A
...ok he called, sounded lovely, sweet, his old self (arghh!) this is REALLY hard. Clealy, I still love him and he does not love me. I dont know how the hell I am going to get through this, I have to let this man go, wish him well, be happy as you say naej.

Got to go, we are meeting at 8.45 in an old traditional pub. I am very dressed up.. jeans and a low v neck, silk blouse with little ruffled bits on sholders (no sleeves) and hair all done. Oh dear, loolk like I am going on a date. I look good actually!

Sigh.

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
A
A
Good luck. A LOT of people are going to be there with you in spirit.

M
M
Good for you Ali! Looking good translates to feeling good and giving you confidence. Use it girl!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Good Luck Princess... !! Show him what he is missing.
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
R
R
Good luck, Ali. Do what you need to do tonight.

Just don't allow him to yo-yo you around any more. Who knows? Maybe you'll see him tonight and just "know" and never have to say a thing.

Sometimes the best words are the ones that go unsaid.

I'm w/you, love.

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard