Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi C2H

Glad you are here and glad things are going well. So sorry about the house. Maybe something better will come your way soon.

Spain sounds awesome. Be sure to let us know how that goes!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

OP Offline
Hi ya Barb!

"almost" awe, how sweet! Miss hanging out here, I think I will have to learn to pop in and out and not be gone for long stretches.

Yesterday I saw you were back on the board but did not get to read you thread yet except for your first post. Glad to see you still hanging around.

Yes, I am well, thank you very much.

I will have to lurk around to see how others are doing.

Bless you oh positive outlook lady \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
Yep, C2:

I thought you were Almost Gone from the bb - LOL!

Long time no post. If you hadn't posted today - it was Email time!

Life goes on, doesn't it. Positive Outlook is everything. I have been in a great mood lately. Had some challenges with Ashley. Well, they were more HER challenges but boy - it hits you hard when you're the parent.

Hope your kids are doing well and you have some good plans for the w/e.

Now what's this about Spain? Josh went to Spain last summer without me. It was a very touchy subject. (summer of 07). When he came back he admitted he should have taken me. So, by not getting what I wanted - I actually got what I wanted. Know what I need.

And I bugged him by going around singing and humming 3 Dog Night...

"Well, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music",...

And they think the ladies are insane there? What about HERE???

Barb

R
R
C2!!!!

I am SO glad to see you !

I think about the grace you have shown in your sitch often, and have tried to "channel" you when it gets difficult (like when the OW emailed me a snotty email last week). Just count to 10 and turn it over, right?

Great to hear that Spain is still on, but not surprised. Still in contact with the last contacts you made - Hawaii, right?

And you still have a good R with the kids...wonderful.

So sorry about the house. It sounds like that a large population of our nation will be facing the same thing in the near future....

but hopefully that means that prices will come down for when you are ready to have something new.

K
K
Thanks for the email C, and for caring \:\) You are the bestest in the westest!

I am sorry about your house too, it really stinks and its hard not to be resentful, but like Donna said you sure are an example of taking the high road. You are amazing.

Kids sound great! I love that you go to their events, believe me it is something they will always cherish for years to come. I know Ry does now. He asked me not long ago, wasnt it a lot of work, for you and dad going to practice and the games , and working snack bar and all the team mom stuff, I was lucky since I was a SAHM I could help, told him it was work but the best work in the world and I know he appreciates it.
Your kids prob beam when they see you in the stands!! \:\)

spain will be wonderful! I cant wait to hear about it.

Have a terrific weekend C2 and I'll be lookin for ya! Fight On ! \:\)
X

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
just popped in to see who is around.

Donna & Barb thanks for the post, write back and catch up soon but...got to get ready to take my son see USC roast the (Oregon) Ducks!

Fight On! (right Karen?)

(note on how God blesses me so I can do special things with my son. My son plays freshman football, mostly on Saturdays. I couldn't see too many games we could possibly go to this year because of his football commitment. Today's h.s. game was moved to this past Thursday which I found out on Wednesday. I took a shot at buying some tickets online from private vendors on Thursday afternoon. I happened to be on line at the exact moment a guy put up two really deccent seats up for sale because his bro in law from Oregon backed out of coming down for the game. Thus, the guy only wanted face value even though he could have sold them for $100 per ticket MORE). The guy works in the field so he even brought the tickets to me at my work 30 minutes after I first saw him post the tickets on line. God is so good.)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
T
T
Congrats on scoring choice tix. I'm sure you and your son will have a great time.

You sound well. Glad you're still here.

OP Offline
Hey Dawg;

Great game (44-10! gotta pour it on if we want to be back in the BCS hunt), better time with my son!

I am well, though I miss posting but plan on checking up on everyone...

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Yea it was!! wooohooo thank goodness, didnt want to lose to OR!
You had a great time w/ your boy? thats so terrific!
Ry was tailgaiting w/ friends and there just 20 ft away is my brother/sil and the kids! so he hung out w/ them too, they had a great time.

Can you believe this weather??? raining on sat. 99 today? We were up in Pismo till today and even there it was 80 unreal summer this year!

just wanted to check on you C2, too tired to read anymore just wanted to see what my fellow cali bud was up to.

Have a great week!
xx

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline

Spain, 6 weeks and counting...

Yep, unless things change, I will be heading to Spain in 6 weeks for a short trip with my church. We will be supporting a bible college outreach on the Island of Mallorca for six or seven days and we will also spend three days in Barcelona. We manage to get in a little fun on each of these trips but mostly, the purpose is to love whomever we are serving and share with them just how much God loves them.

I always come back from these trips energized, with stories of how God moved and how He molds and shapes me to be more selfless, loving and even forgiving (yikes). I will be a work in progress until the day I die and I can not wait to see what happens before, during and after this, my first trip to Spain.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard