Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Lodo -

I will not get that book for the boy. That will be a book for ME!!! The boy can watch as I try some of those cool experiments.

We may get more cats in the future. I will make sure the next ones dont hang outside at night much because the coyotes are now out in force. It has been over a week since I have seen my fat feral rabbit friend and I wonder if it finally got eaten after over 3 years hanging around the neighborhood. It always let me pet it as I was one that feed it squirrel food.

G
G
Kerry..

Let me know how the book works out. Not that I'm asking you to be my guinea pig.. *eyeing the squirrel food*

Your life sounds interesting and amazing.. good for you!

*hugs*

L
L
Hey Kerry,

Thought you could appreciate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

Divorced: 10/26/08
G
G
lodo..

I loved it.. what a riot!

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Lodo, that is a good one and I have sent the links to the other geeks in my company.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We had a nice birthday party and the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie was excellent - could it win the Oscar for best picture over The Dark Knight? When opening the presents, I commented that all of the girls from S8's class were surrounding him while the other boys engaged in horseplay.

Today, W was very rude to me when she came over to have D6 practice violin and take S8 to Chinese language school. She thought I had not pushed the kids enough to brush their teeth and pick up their toys. Before she had shown up, I already had to put D6 in her room for a time out as she threw something at her brother, so things were a bit hectic but I was relaxing watching a tiny bit of Gridiron while the kids played with a marble toy in the living room. She started into me with accusations that I was off with a Harem of internet girls and that I was going to abandon my kids and that I was breaking their schedule for letting them stay up a little later (9:30) the last two nights and having them shower in the morning this weekend and nag, nag, nag....

There is only so much a man should take when he is in his own home and I reminded her that she is a guest in my house and needs to respect me if she would like to continue to be invited in. I also told her that I dont come over to OM's house and start dictating how she spends her time with the kids. And I did remind her that she was the one responsible for the breakup of the family and it is none of her business now, or in the future, of my private life. I reassured her that when the kids are with me that I will never get a babysitter so as to spend time with a date and that I am continuously trying to keep the kids happy and that if ever she needs to work overtime when she has the kids that I am more than happy to break any dates to spend time with them.

She started tearing up after realizing she had no justification to be rude to me. I also detected some jealousy in her voice upon my not denying that I have gone out on dates. I also get the feeling her world is crashing down in her mind and physical health. It is really hard for me to have much pity for her now - maybe much later on after all the financial dust settles.

I also received a letter via my L from the county and we have a pre hearing on Nov 2 and a finaly court date on Nov 20. It would be nice to settle before all this, but I now finally have date of when I can get this marriage over with.

D6 lost another tooth today when I took her ice skating. I am trying the trick tonight with the glass of water for the tooth fairy to dip her wings in and I told D6 that I saw in the news that the Tigard tooth fairy has been reported to have a hole in her purse. Should be fun to see her reaction in the morning.

G40 (today was her birthday) and I must have talked for over 3 hours last night on the phone. Never in my life have I spent so much time having excellent conversations with someone of the opposite sex. We were kidding around that according to Chinese astrology, a Rat (myself) and a Monkey (her) are supposed to be ideal for each other. And this is the year of the Rat which is supposed to be very good for people that are Rats. She is a very good lady with high morals, a strong caring family and a good work ethic.

G
G
Hey Kerry..

Nice boundary setting and defining parameters for your private life with your wife. She's probably figured out by now why y'all are in separate households.

You talked for three hours on the phone with G40? What do you attribute that to?

What did you daughter think this morning about the tooth fairy?

*hugs*

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
G40 and I only talked for 2 hours last night on the phone.

Both kids were pretty excited this morning to discover all the signs of the tooth fairy.

G
G
Self-guilt projected onto you. You handled it well.

Congratulations on G40 -- enjoy it!

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
Good morning, Kerry!

You sound great and very well grounded. You are rebuilding after the wreck your wife made. You have every right to raise the children in your own home with your rules and she is wrong to think she has any say in it unless there is a REAL problem. I was married when each of my kids was the age of yours but sometimes they stayed up late and sometimes they made a mess but they were well taken care of. Too much rigidity does not make a child's life better.

Sounds like things are also going well on the dating scene. I spent much time on the phone getting to know prospective dates. It made the "in person" time much more comfortable and I was able to learn much more about them. Josh and I still spend a few hours a week on the phone since we don't live in the same city.

And yes - she is jealous. Even 4 years later, after our divorce and our remarriage, Chuck displayed jealous tendencies. You see - it is ok for them to have someone new but they seem to think we are going to be too shattered to pick up the pieces.

You handled everything extremely well. And on top of it - you are obviously enjoying being a parent - quite obvious about your posts of chemistry sets, birthday parties and the tooth fairy. All the wonderful aspects of being involved in your children's lives.

Kudos to you, Kerry - you have moved on quite well and it will be even smoother once the D is final. Your boundary setting with W is excellent. You are a good role model for others.

Have a great Monday!

Barb

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard