Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
F
fb2 Offline
F
Kerry, I don't know how W has the gall to ask you to fix her printer! Why not tell her you won't have time to get to it for the next 6 months as you are working overtime on your interrupt driven state machine; perhaps OM can call in the Geek Sqad. G39.99 sounds like her biological clock is going tic-toc.
On another note I stopped at B&N on a kidless night after dinner and read "Hold on to you NUTS" cover to cover in 2 hours. I think this is a quick inexpensive way to read such books instead of the ton of these books I've bought at home which I'm still reading. Page 54 says it's also good for divorced men. what are some of you NUTS? especially liked the idea of linking the W's # to "opportunity" on my cell phone. I too have never "texted" in my life from a cell phone. But recently I got a new upgraded phone that let's me e- mail and post on DB. I'm lying in bed posting to you.

F
fb2 Offline
F
Kerry, How will you celebrate S8's birthday? My S7 will turn 8 in a month so I have to have a small party for him - this was W's territory so I'm a bit at a loss and looking for suggestions.

G
G
Hey fb2..

Kids parties R me!

One birthday party my son's friends still talk about (16 years later) was when I brought in loads of refrigerator, stove, appliance boxes which I got from a local appliance store. I made them into a maze in our unfinished basement. I'd leave the flaps open rather than jamming all the boxes into one another so that they'd have open areas to peek out (yell, hoot.. do boy things).

At the time "Legend of Zelda" was very popular so I'd placed everyday objects in the maze they had to find. Each boy was given one object.. I gave some goofy explanation so it had meaning. A spoon for the kid who liked to stir things up, a whisk for the kid who was so fast, Indian corn for the kid who like corny jokes.. etc.. I had them go in one at a time to find their object. Once they'd all done that they got to have their own fun time.

I had stuff they could use to decorate it (uhhh.. didn't work so well), Silly String (worked too well!). I figure just think of fun things to do and go with it. They had a blast and ended up creating their own maze designs.

It's cheap, fun and tossable.

Another was a video game party where I rented/borrowed at least three different platforms for the kids to play with whatever the hottest games were on the market. The kids separated into groups. After a certain amount of time (and sharing that time) they moved to another station. When they got too antsy we played run around til you burn off energy games and I let them back in. This was in December. If they were old enough, it ended with a sleepover with a movie and fun stuff to eat.

Depending on they wanted, I had a ghost story or some funny story (I usually made up on the fly).

Now I'll return the thread.

*hugs*

They had a blast and ended up creating their own maze designs.

It's cheap, fun and tossable.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We are having the party at a movie theater which has a party room. After pizza and cake, they all will watch Beverly Hills Chihuahau. Maybe next year we will have it at an archery shop which will give the kids instruction on their indoor range.

Last year we had it a Bowling birthday and the pizza place next door was where presents, pizza and cake was done. The night after last years party I found out that I had a drunk tramp for a wife.

G39.999's clock may indeed be ticking. We had a good time last night shopping at a cool hobby store, dinner and then browsing a book store. I probably talked with her for well over an hour on the phone after I got home. We are going to a relaxed pizza place tonight to play some scrabble. English is not her native language, but I suspect she is going to kick my butt as she has an English Literature degree.

I fixed W's printer this morning when she stopped by and she thanked me several times.

I did not think the NUTs part of the book was as good as the 8 bettermen tools. I suppose that I should come up with some more NUTs besides the one of not holding a womans purse while she shops.

F
fb2 Offline
F
G & K, Thanks for the b-day tips - its got to be low-cost and manageable to not lose my N.U.T.S or go nuts! Kerry make sure G39.9999 (one more decimal place since I've taken a while to respond) can handle the outdoors - take her camping in the wilderness and then on a long hike in the mountains - something like Yosemite Vernal falls in Winter and see if you can hold on to your NUTS before you become a sperm donor!

R
R
Kerry,

That is so cool that G39.9999 and you are hitting it off so well. Good luck w/ the Scrabble game. Remember, you are a techno-nerd who knows real useless words that could baffle most of us at Scrabble. Use them...unless you're planning on sharking her a bit by losing some games on purpose to draw her in.

Thanks for your support on my sitch. I think I'll be ok in the long run as well. Financially I'm screwed and need the house to sell ASAP, but that will only be temporary as even if it takes a few years, I'll be on my feet financially very soon. I just need this book to close quickly so I can step forward.

Finally, your STBX is a bit of a loon. Come over to E.D.'s place? Yeah, right. Next time she has a technical issue direct her to the Geek Squad at the nearest Best Buy.

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

L
L
Hey kerry,

just saying hi. i wouldn't have fixed the printer. there are perfectly adequate services to do that for her - you don't need to offer that service, IMO.

Will you ever get more cats? I'm still sad about your last ones.

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The Scrabble got canceled tonite as G39.9999's sister in law had a baby tonight. Looks like maybe just one day next week to see her as I have my golf lesson on the other off day without the kids - I have a new NUT - I dont cancel golf lessons for dating.

She told me that when we play scrabble, that I am not allowed to use any computer words.

I think this gal likes the outdoors as she has already suggested a hike to go on.

Fb2 - you cracked me up about the sperm donor remark. It brought back a memory about the discussion of precious bodily fluids and women seeking the life essence from Dr Strangelove...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-LZNzVg0

Hi Kerry!

I play Scrabble all the time. They say it is extremely good at warding off Alzheimers and heck - I need all the help I can get - LOL!

You can't use words that are not in the Scrabble dictionary. It really helps to get one.

Josh (BF of 4 years) and I play it all the time. It is a challenge because he is good at it too. But I play to win.

And I like your attitude. This is the time of your life to put "you" first for a change. If golf is your thing - don't compromise. Just do it!

Barb

L
L
Hey kerry,

regarding the science kit, maybe you should see if your son is a potential Hungry Scientist:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061238686/notcot-20

Divorced: 10/26/08
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard