Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Woog! I just got the "Motel 6" guy's voice in my head with the "leave the light on" comment. It is an old commercial...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Kerry. You are the technology buff of this group, I appreciate it!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

K
K
Kerry,
I just love the way you "link" us to whatever we bring up...
Are you googling everything we say?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
John,

What do I think he will say tonight?

Probably the usual, I just don't know how to make this right, etc. etc.

What would he need to say for me to trust he wants to work on us? I have been thinking about that all week........I will let you know.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

V
V
(((((BobbiJo)))))

It strikes me that he is playing the old decide by doing nothing game. Though he also seems to be making tiny, tiny, steps.

Watch and listen, that's what I always say! And stay quiet, generally!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Jeff,

That is what will irritate me the most. If tonight is just more of the same, I don't know, blah blah blah

Because then I have to be the one to make the final call. Which sucks b/c it is the call I NEVER wanted to make. And I could have made it 5 months ago if it was going to be "over", anyway.

Gotta go to my ankle rehab. Wish me luck tonight....

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

K
K
Just like it happened with me, and it doesn't end then either...

Good Luck!!
K

S
S
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Thanks Kerry. You are the technology buff of this group, I appreciate it!

I hope I dont come off as the geeky nerd. Posting links is really not much technology. Writing fax drivers which run in kernel mode at a raised interrupt request level that cant access pageable memory - well that is geeky to the max. They call me the FaxGod in my industry. It also is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I guess the only satisfaction I have is in knowing that my code is sending billions of bytes continuously all over the world.

J
J
BBJ,

Let me try to give you some advice (for what it is worth) for tonight. If you want your H in your life, do not under any circumstance have a negative attitude. Be as happy as you can be....yes it is very difficult but the last thing you want to do is alienate him to the point where he thinks that there is no hope. i remember the last time I went out for supper with my W. I was a little on edge and quite frankly a tad pissed at her. i am not saying we have no right to be pissed, i am just saying to try to have a good time. i remember coming out of the supper and saying to myself, now what the hell id I accomplish by being so negative. Like I said, if you want a shot at an R with your H, you have to stay pleasant.

Hope you have a nice evening....lower the expectations and TRY to have a good time. You deserve it.

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i don't have any specific expectations to lower. I DO expect a decision, and if that is considered too much expectation, so be it. Actually, I guess I have the expectation that he will waffle or just come out and say he is done trying (not that I feel like he ever really tried). Anything else would be a pleasant surprise.

I will not be a b!tch either way, but "pleasant" may be a bit much for me if he chooses to walk away from our family for good. "Neutral" would be a good reaction from me, not angry, not whiny, but not pleased, either. I cannot act pleased about something that goes against everything I believe in. I am sure I will say something along the lines of "I am sorry you feel that is the best choice for you. Let's prepare for telling S tomorrow". I can cry about it later.....once he is gone.

Actually H called about 20 minutes ago. He said he had the trailer hooked up to the truck (at his parents') and was leaving very soon. So he should be down here around 10:30 or 11. I am assuming 11:30 so I don't get antsy.

S told H he wants to go to his favorite restaurant tomorrow night, "T Rex". It is modeled after the Rainforest Cafe inside, but is dinosaur themed. Huge 2 story animatronic dinosaurs, a simulated volcano eruption every 30 minutes, etc. I told him last week to think of things he wanted to do before we moved that he couldn't do in Iowa. I am fine with going but it will sure be weird if we tell S in the morning and then all go out for supper. Actually, I suppose it would cement for S that we will always be a family...

I am putting the cart before the horse since I haven't even "talked" to H yet. I am going to wait and see if he brings it up when he gets here. If he has said nothing by the time he gets ready to go to bed, then I will ask him what his thoughts are.

If I get a chance I will post an update tonight or tomorrow.....

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard