Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
M
M
I agree with pt. Trust your instincts. As long as you avoid desperation and listen to that voice (God?), stay on the path and don't always question each step you have made in the past. Only focus ahead.

Trust.

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Peace. I pray every morning during my walk with our dog, and every night I pray 10 prayers from The Power of a Praying Wife. It's the least I can do - to pray. As we have seen recently, God has restored some marriages, which encourages my standing for my M.

PH's Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hi MMF, Thanks. These past 2 months or so, I feel as if I am not doing too much to actively work on my M. Sometimes it concerns me but it could be OK - could be part of letting go and be still. I am learning how to say to God "You take care of it then" or "I am leaving it in Your Hands now".

PH's Thread
M
M
I agree with letting God take the reins PH. When we are least active, is when He can do His work.

I just had an image come to mind about two people trying to tie the same rope in the same place. Nothing gets accomplished especially if one of the people does not know how to tie (fix) the knot in the first place.

I was working with my son in cub scouts a couple of weeks ago and while he wanted my help he kept getting his hands in the way. I was trying to show him how to make the knot and then he would do it but he was too impatient. Eventually he listened to me. I made the knot and he followed my example. He was so happy he let me show him.

It sounds like you are really listening to Him!

Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
P
OP Offline
P
Hi MMF, Thanks for validating. I am far from perfect at listening to Him but I do try to do so. That knot-tying incident with your son is a great analogy.

PH's Thread
P
P
Hi PH
Just checking in to say Hi
who wrote that book
the power of a praying wife
what is one prayer? if you dont mind
I have been praying more for my H since I read the ptodigals perspective and I attended one of their meetings
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
P
OP Offline
P
Hi peace, Thanks for checking in - appreciate that \:\)
The Power Of A Praying Wife author is Stormie Omartian. Wonderful book! There are 30 chapters, 1 for each area in a husband's life, with a prayer example at the end of each chapter. The prayers are Bible-based. I find that they are comprehensive and really help me cover each area of my H's life well.

The first chapter is "His Wife" which is very apt. It is about praying for us, his wife to be a better wife to him first before praying for other areas of his life. Other chapters are work, his mind, his integrity, his relationships, his sexuality, his faith, his future, etc.

I try to cover all areas as often as possible so that's why I pray 10 prayers per night - covering all 30 every 3 days. I found it easier to have structured prayers to use as a base. I also pray my own free-style prayers each morning.

PH's Thread
P
P
PH
Thanks
How are you anything new?
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
peacetoday #1393123 03/17/08 07:52 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Peace,

Thanks for checking in. It's been rough emotionally. Today was my annual MRI follow-up. For some reason, I was nervous when I went in. The technician made me lay down on a bed while she put the IV line in my arm.

It reminded me of the day of my surgery when they were doing a pre-op procedure on me. I had only found out the diagnosis the day before and it was just still a big shock to me that day. So throughout that procedure, tears just streamed down my cheeks.

Today, the technician asked me about my cancer history and I told her about crying during my pre-op procedure 7 years ago. And I ended up dissolving into tears while she got me ready for the test. Afterwards, I cried driving back to the office.

I was very brave during the cancer journey 7 years ago - did it all by myself. Somehow it hit me hard today, thinking I am doing this without my H. I think I felt vulnerable today because I was thinking about my H this morning, wondering what his agenda is and why he hasn't made the decision to work on himself and on our M. And why he has to take so long.

BTW, I don't know the result yet - wll be out in a couple of days.

PH's Thread
M
M
PH, I don't think you were alone. I don't think you will ever be alone. Hugs to you my friend.

Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard