Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you BT (and everyone).

Well the intrepid Minkerman is just heading out the door.

Bought some nice new duds for my GAL program, and I'm wearing them tonight...she will be floored.

7 jeans, Banana Republic shirt, Tommy Bahama linen blazer, silk turtleneck, new dress boots. Wearing about 800 bucks worth of clothes. I usually shop at Sears and can dress myself for about a hundred.

Another 180, and an expensive one!

Wish me luck, team! I'll feel you all watching over me tonight.

B
B
I did the same thing last week. I spent $1200 on cloths. I don't think I have bought any cloths for myself in 20 years. If feels so good to where them and everyone, except you know who, says I look great!

Go Minky!!!!!! Enjoy and we want a full report in the morn!

C
C
I've been buying myself clothes, too, and that's a big 180 for me. I'm completely happy in old jeans, a long sleeved cotton t-shirt (my favorite article of clothing) and cool shoes (shoes and jackets were the only "things" I sought). But since I've dropped weight, my old comfy clothes don't fit anymore and I'm trying to replace them with stylish comfy clothes. H is definitely noticing and I have to admit that I'm enjoying being more fashionable.

Me: 42/H: 37
T: 10 years/M: 8
D9, S8
Bomb: 7.23.07
Separated: 1.20.08
D Final 3.19.09
Affair started in '05, found out parts in 11/07. They married 11.26.09

My life is good.
B
B
They notice but they say nothing. Really weird. When my W looks nice I tell her several times. Well at least I feel good.

M
M
Welll how did it all go?

B
B
Mink....Come on man... you are holding back on us. What happened?

M
OP Offline
M
Not holding back...just finished getting everyone out the door!

The whole weekend went without a hiccup. The sitch has turned itself back around yet again. It is exhausting, but in a very good way. This time I am being much more cautious, and waiting to see how she feels in the next day or two. But here is what she told me.

"We are going to do this. I know I have doubts, and I don't know why. But I think it's 'go big or go home'".

I said "how about 'Go Home' "...big laugh from both of us, cuz she didn't realize she was making a pun.

Her concern is that over the years her feelings for me have changed, she says her feelings of love are far less than they used to be, because of not wanting to discuss the affair, and my general lack of communication overall...thereby losing our emotional connection. I told her that feelings grow from a spark to an ember, to a flame...over time. When we first fell in love it wasn't full throttle feelings of love on Day Two...this is the same, we are starting again, brand new.

She feels extremely good and positive when we are together, but when she goes back to her lonely apartment, she overthinks everything to the point of not knowing what to do.

I told her I was not pining for her anymore...I really want her home so we can get to work as a couple, but if she didn't want to, I have no guarantee that I will wait for her. She understood, and realizes that there is a potential to be losing what she wanted all along.

Anyhow, lots of good, deep talk...she knows the door is open but she knows I may move on if too much time passes.

So here is how the weekend went.

I went to her place at 5pm (had 7pm dinner reservations). She really wanted me over earlier but I held back since I had a bunch of other stuff I wanted to do first.

Walked in the door, didn't go to her for the hug, just walked over to the counter and put my keys down.

She went and sat by the window with her glass of wine. I walked in front of her with my beer, she said "whoa! stop and let me see those jeans!" I stood in front of her and she ran her hand across the front (yeah, you know where) and pronounced them quite acceptable. We sat and talked, just small talk, really really nice. The sun was shining, we were both in a good mood and I was definitely not coming across as eager. Cool, calm, quiet but nice.

We both stood up to refill our drinks and she put her arms around me and kissed me. She looked right into my eyes and said "you feel good, and smell good too". "Thanks" I said.

So eventually we went to the restaurant, and got seated. I didn't like the table, wanted one by the window, so I spoke up and asked to be moved. She was very surprised, because this is not something I would do.

We had an awesome meal, very memorable. Great wine, ahi tuna, sea bass, great desserts. I drove back to her place and she invited me up. "Sure" I said. "Sounds great".

As soon as we were in the door, she was on me. Sparing the details, we had a pretty darn good time for the next hour.

She asked me to spend the night, by that time I would have anyway, I was pretty tired!

We had a beautiful sleep, woke up at 4am, talked for a little while, then slept again til 7am.

We went out for brunch, went to Tommy Bahama where I bought her a nice jacket, then back to her place. A while later we jumped into our cars and headed back to my (our) place, where we were having a big birthday dinner with 10 people.

That was a lot of fun, we ate chinese food, drank lots of wine & beer, told stories and looked at photos.

Nobody would leave, so finally she whispered to me "I really need to get home, I have to get my sleep". So I walked her to her car, and she said she would have stayed if everyone would have left earlier...damn! "Plenty of time for that later" said Mr Cool.

As I was saying good night, she said she loved me, so did I. She said she wasn't going to change her mind this time. One more kiss and she was gone. I didn't hang around to wave, just went upstairs.

This was a great weekend. I think we are really going to do it this time...but let's see what morning brings.

M
OP Offline
M
She just called to say she got home OK, and that she really enjoyed the weekend.

I hope this is it, and we can get down to it now.

C
C
See, two steps forward, one step back. It will probably be up and down for a while, with the downs getting smaller and smaller each time. Congratulations, this is really good for both of you.

Me: 42/H: 37
T: 10 years/M: 8
D9, S8
Bomb: 7.23.07
Separated: 1.20.08
D Final 3.19.09
Affair started in '05, found out parts in 11/07. They married 11.26.09

My life is good.
M
M
Mink i am glad your back on the path. your posts are back to being optomistic. she realy seems to be coming around just keep playing it cool.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard