Mink, That sounds terrific!

M 43
S14 S13 D11 D7
Divorce final: Jan 2009
Making it up as I go....
M
OP Offline
M
THANK YOU! I am very happy, and I am continuing to be positive about where we are headed.

Thanks guys \:\)

M
OP Offline
M
Not too much to report today, we just this minute got off the phone (she called me, not vice versa). We talked about her big presentation to the Board of Directors tomorrow. I told her once again how much I am behind her in this, and she is very happy to be so well supported. She doesn't know it yet but she has flowers coming tomorrow morning, for luck.

I took a chance at the end of the call and said "love you lots"...she countered with "I love you too, MM", really sweetly.

One day at a time. Today's a good one.

M
OP Offline
M
...and the rollercoaster continues! Just a dip, not a vertical drop, mind you.

She called me as I was driving home and told me all about her big presentation to the Board Of Directors today. We chatted for probably 20 minutes.

The flowers appear to have been a hit...one of her co-workers stopped by her desk and asked if W was "dating her husband" and she said "looks like I am". She was laughing as she told me this. So they didn't make her uncomfortable. Another co-worker said "so he doesn't send you flowers on Valentines Day, but he surprises you a week later"...W said "yep, he's a sneaky one".

She ended up with "thanks so much MM for all your support". I thought I'd build on the positivity of yesterday's call and finished up with, "OK honey, talk to you soon, love you"...she said "OK, bye!" No ILY.

But, much more positive than negative so I won't dwell on it or overthink it. Hopefully we'll have the rest of our lives to pile on the ILYs!

We have a date night tomorrow. She doesn't know it but I'm taking her to a little French wine bar, judged the "best place to kiss" in our City.

Off to bed...'night all in DB Land.

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
B
B
you da man Mink. Your doin really well. Keep it up you are insperation for all of us.

P
P
Mink,

Inspiring to read your story...I wouldn't worry about the ILY part; seems like the big picture is good and things are settling on a firmer foundation. Great the way you've balanced out being reasurring without pressuring her.

Excellent work, MM! You are leading the way. I hope I may follow in those footsteps. Keep us posted.

Purr

F
F
Mink

Don't over do it with ILY stuff. My wife and I were big ILY people. Sometimes we would say it to each other, sometimes she would say it and I would not and vice-versa. It's no big deal.

If you over do the ILY stuff is starts to sound phony.

You are in my man. The worst thing you could do would be to start ovre thiking this sh*t.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys, as always, I appreciate having all of you to bounce things around with.

So, last night was date night at the French wine bar.

It went really, really well. She started the R talk, so I went along. Here are some of her comments, [with my reponses in brackets]:
- When I am with you it feels so great, but the next day I start to question things again [maybe that's what you should concentrate on thinking about, then. As in 'what is it that makes me question things?']
- I think I question things because the more I see you, the more positive changes I am seeing - but later, I wonder if they are for real [the only way to know for sure is to spend time together, and start to live the changes with me] (she nodded...)
- I saw a lottery kiosk the other day - I wondered what I would do if I won a million - at this point I feel bad that I don't know the answer to that [I think that's perfectly normal, honey. You are somewhat confused right now and this is just part of it. You'd have to give me half the money anyways!] (she laughed pretty well at my joke \:\)
- I had totally lost ALL attraction to you - now it's the complete opposite - that scares me [it scares me too. But it is a positive thing!]
- I love how I can tell you anything now, and you don't shut down [that is one of my changes, and you know it's real because we are living it right now - I am not suddenly going to revert back - why would I?]
- I am going to need some freedom when I move back [I know. I will give you all the space you need, for as long as you need it] (She said she appreciated me doing that)

We talked about where we would like to live once back together. We'd like to live closer to the city.

We went back to "her" place, talked some more, went to bed, made love (still mind-blowing BTW) and fell asleep. We slept in a bit this morning and drove in together in the gorgeous sunshine.

Now, let's see if today is another one of the days where she "questions everything". I can handle it if so.

Pretty good night last night!

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
B
B
MINKER!!!!!!!

You da man!!!!!!

We all need to hear stories like this!!!! Great Job Man!!!!!!

I would give a million bucks to ML!!!!!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard