Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
OP Offline
M
I know, and I appreciate the movement she is making. Thanks for rooting for us.

M
OP Offline
M
Well, yesterday turned out to be the best day since we started this journey. Things are definitely looking up, but I am staying cautious, just in case.

I went to her place at 3:00 like she said. She had made up a nice plate of snacks and opened a bottle of wine. We sat down and talked...it was really good, and she says she is on board with us trying again, but she still wants to stay in the apartment until the end of March, so she can continue discovering herself and ensuring we don't fall back on old patterns.

We went to the chefs' event, and it was really nice. We had a great time. Later, we went back to her place and she asked me to stay overnight again...I readily accepted. Once again, the sex was utterly amazing, I don't think it has ever been this good for us.

We fell asleep in each other's arms and went for breakfast this morning. We talked a lot about what the future would look like for these two brand new people. She is a more than a little scared of moving down this path and seeing us end up exactly the same as we were before...that is why we are agreeing to stay apart for another 6 weeks, and keep dating. I am calling her my girlfriend, and she likes it ;\)

So, next date is on Valentine's Day, we are going to a hockey game. Like I said, things are looking up.

Hope she doesn't change her mind, but I think it will all be OK.

BREAKING NEWS - Just as I was writing this she MSN'd me and sent me a little heart icon. I love her so much...this is gonna work dammit.

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
M
M
Hi Minkerman,

Thanks for stopping by my thread. I'll echo what the others have said: this all sounds great! Keep it up, don't push too hard and all that...but it seems like you are in great shape and will make it work.

Me: 43 W: 41
Together 2009, Married 2011
Sons 10 and 6, Daughter 5
Bomb 2/21/21. W moved out 10/2021
B
B
Go Minker!!!!!

B
B
My wife is not meeting anywhere near half way. She just left the house and said the only reason I have been nice the last few weeks was cause of the antidepresents. Really mean. Unreal what is coming out of her mouth. I moved out of the bedroom today and now have my own comfortable room. Our relationship is in bad shape but for some reason, I am less worried and could care less.

F
F
Minkerman

This is awesome! We love to hear when another potential divorce is busted.

Your situation is VERY similar to that of Hound Dog. Once your wife opened the door, you carefully applied your DB skills and things started to get back on track.

Unfortunately, for many of us, our wives have slammed the door shut. Until it cracks open, it is incredibly difficult to make it work.

Good luck! Enjoy your 6 weeks as a bachelor with a girlfriend.

You are going to make it!

F
F
Minkerman

Your situation is VERY similar to that of Hound Dog. Once your wife opened the door, you carefully applied your DB skills and things started to get back on track.

Unfortunately, for many of us, our wives have slammed the door shut. Until it cracks open, it is incredibly difficult to make it work.

F
F
Minkerman

M
OP Offline
M
Well fish, it isn't busted quite yet, don't jinx me ;\) I will feel it's busted when she's back in the house with me, and can look me in the eye and say "I love you" without prompting.

I feel good that we will get there!

Today she told me she knows what she would like for her birthday (1 month from now), I said what? No, I'm not going to tell you, you need to figure it out. I said well you have to give me a hint. Well OK, it's at Tiffany, and I did tell someone, she said.

So I figured she must have told her best friend who she works with, and who I have only met a couple of times, since Tiffany is in her building.

I managed to figure out her friend's email address, I emailed her and she's all over it for me!!! She so wants the two of us to get back together so she is glad to help me.

One hour, one day, one week, one month at a time. I feel pretty good that the woman I love will be back with me, and we will move to a new plane in our marriage.

Just going to keep thinking positive!

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
M
M
Good job with the sleuthing minkerman...stay positive and keep it up, things sound great!

Me: 43 W: 41
Together 2009, Married 2011
Sons 10 and 6, Daughter 5
Bomb 2/21/21. W moved out 10/2021
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard