Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
C
C
My wife's OM was 29, horrible acne, drove a broken-down old pickup truck with the mirror broken off the side, and lived at home -- WITH HIS PARENTS.

I'm not Brad Pitt or anything, but I'm a good "7", make a ton of money, am funny, articulate, successful and charming.

(Oh, and modest, too)

It's my understanding that infidels very often "trade down." Something about "control."

Choc.

K
K
I've had that experience too. My first boyfriend cheated on me with a girl that was very unattractive. It definitely wasn't about looks that time! I don't know what the OW looks like this time; I haven't seen her yet (good thing for her too!) Choceyes, I can't believe he was living with his parents though, that is horrible! He sounds so awful!!! Karen43

Me 53
D18, S24
S
S
Originally Posted By: chocolateeyes
It's my understanding that infidels very often "trade down." Something about "control."
Choc.

Choc - Very interesting about the Control part. My H always encouraged me to do this or do that, whether it meant applying for a better job or just going out with friends. However, when it came down to it, he never seemed happy if I did get the job or I did go out with friends. It always seems like I never make the right decision in his mind. That's his way to control. The best example is he really pushed me to get the position I have now. It pays better, has more responsibility...etc. He really encouraged me. A month & 1/2 after we moved to MN (where the job is located), he got down about having difficulty finding a job. I emailed him one day. My email has my "signature and title" automatically built into it. He completely shocked me by degrading me and really ranted and raved about how I thought I was something special because of my new title. Crazy!

The OW in our sitch. is trying desperately to get out of a M and be, as she calls it "Just OW" and not to be controlled. Good luck with that!

SueS

ME: 42, H: 42, D6
Together: 18 yrs. Married: 15 yrs.
Attended Retrouvaille - December 2009
H
H
Originally Posted By: chocolateeyes
I'm not Brad Pitt or anything, but I'm a good "7", make a ton of money, am funny, articulate, successful and charming.
From my experience a "7" that is funny, articulate, and charming is a whole lot better than a 9 or 10 who is an unfaithful, arrogant @ss. Most want the looks of a 9 or 10 with the personality of a 6 or 7....those people are hard to come by. One of my girlfriends called me a 9 1/2....I wouldn't give myself any better than a low 8...modest too I guess.

M:28, D finalized: 8/28/07
Current Thread

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
C
C
Quote:

I've had that experience too. My first boyfriend cheated on me with a girl that was very unattractive. It definitely wasn't about looks that time! I don't know what the OW looks like this time; I haven't seen her yet (good thing for her too!) Choceyes, I can't believe he was living with his parents though, that is horrible! He sounds so awful!!! Karen43

It gets even better -- he's in the academy right now, to become a cop!

S
S

Quote:

(Oh, and modest, too)

Choc.

This seems to be something I'm struggling with too, I am not high on myself but my H has really "traded down" in at least my mind, I was beginning to wonder if that was the draw, like he didn't feel good enough.

Me~34
H~38
D6.5

EA/PA-DEC.07

Moved out~Apr.13,08
Sep. Papers~Dec.7,08
No contact order ~Dec.9,08 and again October 13, 2009
S
S
Hey Choc - I told you Hope was HOT!!!!!

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
C
C
Damn!!! \:D

L
L
Hope *IS* hot and I get to have lunch with her tomorrow (neener neener neener!!) \:\) \:\) \:\)

N
N
I wish all you beautiful DB ladies would come out to the Carolinas. We could hit the mountains and the beaches.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard