Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
S
S
Jack.. \:\) \:\) \:\)

FH, Maybe some well placed blow back..If she's snooping give her the right things to find \:\)

me 54
WAH 53
M 26 yr/T 30 yr
S 18
Sep April 07
G
G
Hope,
Its already been said here but hey whats one more...
You did good!
Keep you chin up and sing Bro...Who cares if stray cats show up at the door while your doing it.

Last edited by Gman3388; 12/11/07 07:36 PM.

Gman
Me 40
W 30
kids
B 11
B 10
D 8
Been here off and on since 06.
PA Confirmed Dec 08..
With God, anything is possible.
Do or do not there is no try.
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six...
T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
I always hoped that an annoucer would step out and say, "Congratualtions! You managed to survive the new reality TV show and stand by your marriage, you just won 1 million dollars."
Then I would have beaten him to a pulp and the TV crew and the producers.

LMAO, if only.... I win? great, keep the cash bro, I just want a shot at the writers!

"If you are going to underestimate someone, you best start with yourself."

Too true. What a lesson to learn.

Shortstuff, there's so much she could have read that would have been positive, (it's not pushing if they snoop, right?) but from what I can tell, she picked a couple of parts of my journal that I think she would have felt insulted by. Well, Murphy lives here too I guess.

Gman, I'm hangin in there, but when I sing, even the alley cats slink away. I've got volume though.

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
A
A
I was so taken by your signature line that I copied it out and put it on the refrigerator. It's terrific!

So too bad you had to give it up. What are you posting under now?

J
J
Apple,

If you live in the same house as your wife, you might want to tone down the obvious signs of...pain and standing. I agree it is a good quote, but perhaps not so prominent, if you live in the same house.

FHope talks alot with Gman.

The style is still the same.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
A
Hi J3B

I think I can get away with it. I've been a military history buff for all the time H has known me, and this sounds something like the charge of the light brigade.

H and I don't live in the same house, but he does visit here regularly. We are reconciling while separated, things going well, steadily forward.

I agree with you totally about not showing pain -- absolutely not good tactics. If you are still in pain, I have a lot of empathy. When this first started for me I felt like I'd had an amputation without benefit of anaesthetic. But this is the second time around for me, it happened twice in my first marriage. This time I decided to fight, to treat the thing as if it was a military campaign. Discipline, tactics, courage, willingness to take few flesh wounds to gain some ground -- it had the effect of removing me from my feelings quite a bit and I began enjoying the campaign after awhile. Also, I'm 63 years old -- there aren't many adventures still left at this age, so might as well enjoy whatever ones come my way!

Best wishes, J3B, and best of luck.

J
J
Since I know that FHope won't be back here. I'm not really hi-jacking his thread.

Not many adventures left?

Now, that's just crazy talk!

Life is what you make it.

I am glad that you and your H are reconciling. Of note: I am sorry that I got your gender wrong at first.

I am a military history buff too!

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

A
A
I'm finding that reconciliation is an adventure, J3B. So is surviving the fall-out of an EMA. There were plenty of times I felt like one of those people clinging to flimsy bits of lumber after the Titanic went down in the North Atlantic in winter.

J
J
I understand Apple. Been There Done That too. : )

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard