Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
T
OP Offline
T
AmyC, I guess the ring is just a thing, like a D is just a piece of paper. Kind of caught me off guard added to the "family picture thing." Oh well, it is what it is, a tree not the forest. Now to work on the big picture, where's my chainsaw?

RHW, that pride thing is a tough nut, my W is Stubborn with a capital S. Probably from living with me. I think the only way for me to impact that is to be humble yet confidant, and keep on making our home a pleasant environment. (It IS hard to be humble when you're me. )

This morning was interesting, she's getting back to expressing different attitudes every morning and evening. I can usually tell from the tone of her voice if / when she says good morning how it's going to go. Today was the "I'm angry" tone.

Her mood swings amaze me. Friendly and personable last night, angry and irritable this morning. What the heck happened between there that changed? I understand coming home from a hard day at the office grumpy, but sheesh, what happens at night to make you irritable?

Maybe she called OM and had an argument? \:D Hahaha I should be so lucky. She has left her phone downstairs at night a few more times, and it doesn't seem to tempt me nearly as much lately. Aaahhh, relief.

She didn't take it out on me other than being sort of cross, but she was very impatient with the boys, raising her voice to them a lot over nothing. Esp S6. She must not be able to see how much it affects them when she is like that.

Fortunately I have S6 for about another half hour after she leaves with S4, so I can get his spirits back up before I take him to the bus stop.

I'm starting to feel good about where I am right now, I think I'm keeping a pretty even keel, and "acting as-if". I'm working on some contingency plans for interacting with her after the next settlement conference. I suspect the road might get bumpy.

I've been shopping for her Chritmas presents from the boys, I think I'll get her something small too, act as-if. I was considering getting her a set of luggage, \:D Bad TFH, Bad. I guess a lump of coal is right out too.

Last edited by theforlornhope; 12/04/07 02:41 PM.

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
G
G
One of the things I noticed with my H is that his mood would get bad after we danced together. It was like doing something fun and having a good time with me put him off. Needless to say we don't dance anymore. Sometimes it makes me wonder if having a "nice" time with us stirs stuff up.

Sorry you're not feeling well physically, but otherwise you sound good. Keep it up.

Like you I've been shopping for H from D's and I plan on getting him something...probably a sweater.

I had to laugh at your humble remark. Ever heard the humble song by Mac Davis? If you haven't you should look it up. \:\)

A
A
Quote:
I was considering getting her a set of luggage, Bad TFH, Bad.

Apparently you never heard the story about the man's body that washed up offshore here in Virginia a year or two ago. He had been chopped up and put in luggage.
A MLCer could have done it.
You never know...that's all I'm sayin'.

GOOD MORNIN'!!!

T
OP Offline
T
Grace, I was thinking of you yesterday, I was thinking about telling my boys about the D. UGH. If you guy's had that talk this weekend, I hope it went well.

I think you're right about it stirring stuff up. That makes it hard to DB. That probably explains some of her mood swings.

Thanks, except for this flu, I've been doing pretty well lately. Esp with PMA, I love that cause it brings my sense of humor back.

I get all kinds of crap from non-DB friends about planning on buying her something from me too, but I'll keep it small and non - pushing. No lingerie, no books on MLC, no gift cards for Match.com, Definately no luggage. Maybe something like oil-change gift certificates, or a Limited Edition Autographed Art Bagodi Bowling Plate, or a can of nuts where the snake pops out. OOH, maybe lingerie with the card addressed to "Michelle" or something. \:D

Ok, seriously, a sweater is about perfect here too.

I was thinking of that song when I wrote that. I looked up the lyrics just now, wow.

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
AmyC #1284595 12/04/07 09:24 PM
T
OP Offline
T
AmyC, you made me snort my afternoon coffee! Ok, I crossed luggage and coal lumps off the list. We're too close to a big river.

I have a little too-much smart-a$$edness in me for my own good at times.

Last edited by theforlornhope; 12/04/07 09:38 PM.

--------------
J
J
LOL,

I for a second actually thought you were serious about those gifts...

I was already highlighting and ready to say, bad idea.

Whew.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

M
M
TFH, I was thinking of a digital picture frame for my W. She has really gotten into taking pictures with the digital camera I bought her last year. She could take the frame to her new job or have it at home. What do you think?

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
T
OP Offline
T
Man, that cracked me up all over again. Picturing myself actually doing that... I'll have to put more smileys on my tongue-in-cheek stuff.

I can come up with loads of smart-aleck stupid things like that, (like I said, my sense of humor is coming back,) but not one un-pushy yet thoughtful idea. I think I like Grace's idea of a sweater. Pretty neutral.

Last edited by theforlornhope; 12/04/07 10:03 PM.

--------------
T
OP Offline
T
MMF, that sounds like a good idea. Those things have been dropping in price, and they're pretty nice. It'd be especially thoughtful since she has developed an interest in photography.

I think that's a great gift idea.

--------------
M
M
Thanks buddy! I like the sweater idea but for my W I am staying away from buying her clothes.

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard