Originally Posted By: theforlornhope
Thanks AmyC.

Check out the emperors new clothes...

HA!
Why I love it, of course!!

M
M
Originally Posted By: tfh
My W's (I'm not caling her STBXW anymore, see post above!) stated reason for leaving is to find that "romantic spark with someone else."

I agree with you about simply calling our Ws, W. Also, my W said the same thing about wanting that "in love" feeling.

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
H
H
TFH,
Good for you. I'm sorry for what you had to find out and hope it wasn't too upsetting, but if it benefitted you, then by all means, right? Sometimes we have to think like business-people and not spouses who love.

Most of us really marry only once. First love endures, even unto our dying day. And we never really divorce.
AmyC #1283234 12/03/07 07:25 PM
T
OP Offline
T
AmyC, sorry, I lost my satellite internet over the weekend during the northern midwest ice storm.

I can't thank you enough for your posts. Your timeliness is impeccable, these two posts couldn't have made a bigger impact at any time other than right now. I can't remove the spiritual aspects, it's why I am here. There is a reason, and a time, for everything.

I can hardly read your posts without tears. Of pain, of fear, and of joy. You remind me of what I am called to do. (the softest 2x4 ever.) I pray that I am strong enough to do what is required.

Again, I don't know how to thank you. Redoubting ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redoubt ) a man's, (or woman's,) faith in his time of need is truly a work of the Word.

((((AmyC))))

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
T
OP Offline
T
MMF, thanks for watching me. I need to keep my mind right on calling her the W. She still is. She may not be soon, but even then, I hope to keep it right in my heart.

Best,

TFH

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
T
OP Offline
T
Jack,

Thank you for being here. Thank you for staying here even when you don't need to.

It's like having naval guns or arty still on the air when everything else goes to H#*.

Thanks for showing us it can be done, however difficult.

Thanks for being hard to kill.

Last edited by theforlornhope; 12/03/07 08:00 PM.

--------------
w8ing #1283285 12/03/07 08:09 PM
T
OP Offline
T
W8ing, I hope that things are a going better for you lately. I hope that you get some offers to go out with people that don't include your H's D atty in the party. Or any other Atty's for that matter.

Folks are 'silly' everywhere.

Quote:
I understand wanting to DB...but you have to protect yourself. Let her be angry. Just don't reflect her emotion.

This is tough. I've been doing a pretty good job of DBing, (I think,) but this part will knock out my gains. I guess that is out of my control though, and I shouldn't worry about it. This is her choice, not mine.

Surprisingly, (to myself esp,) I've been doing well with anger for a while now. I expect that's what her emotion will be, anger, and I am preparing myself mentally to let it go.

Have you had any further dealings with your settlement issues? If so, how have you handled dealing with him?

--------------
T
OP Offline
T
HF7, thanks for keeping up with me. My internet access has been down lately due to ice storms.

Sadly, finding out her intentions was as big a blow as IDLYA. I suppose it just drove the point home. For real.

The good news is that it enabled me to get a little angry, and detach enough to make good "businesslike" decisions on the settlement issues for my sons, and myself.

Thank God. If that hadn't happened, then I might have allowed some more seriously messed up things to occur during our D.

It's sad for me not to be able to act like the spouse who loves, because I am, but anytime she wants that back, I'm here.

\:\)

--------------
J
J
Quote:

It's sad for me not to be able to act like the spouse who loves

You most certainly are the spouse that loves. You aren't giving up. Putting up with this crap is one of the most loving things I can think of, it is as close to unconditional love as we frail humans can get.

Edit - Thanks. Uneeded, pass it along, thats the way to pay here.

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 12/03/07 08:33 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
A
Originally Posted By: theforlornhope
AmyC, sorry, I lost my satellite internet over the weekend during the northern midwest ice storm.

I can't thank you enough for your posts. Your timeliness is impeccable, these two posts couldn't have made a bigger impact at any time other than right now. I can't remove the spiritual aspects, it's why I am here. There is a reason, and a time, for everything.

I can hardly read your posts without tears. Of pain, of fear, and of joy. You remind me of what I am called to do. (the softest 2x4 ever.) I pray that I am strong enough to do what is required.

Again, I don't know how to thank you. Redoubting ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redoubt ) a man's, (or woman's,) faith in his time of need is truly a work of the Word.

((((AmyC))))

Thanks for letting me know those old posts made a difference, TFH.

But be warned...

Now that you're on my radar, you are subject to receive my NOT SO "soft" 2x4s, as well! ;\)

Amy

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard