Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm cautiously optimistic still. Yeaterday was tough. she did text and said she had such a nice time at dinner w me, and would I still be up for a hike Sunday. I said sure, and that the dogs are so excited to see her. (It's true.i said you get to see Mama W and they went crazy!) she texted back that she can't wait to hug em.

So that was good. But I have a feeling ow is still pursuing. I guess if it doesn't work for us, it won't work for OP either, right? And because I don't know what she did last night, I'm uneasy again.But they were on vacation for a week plus 3 days because of the snowstorm here.And W Was texting me the last 3 days to make sure I still wanted to see her. So I have to remember that this concentrated time w ow made her realize that's not where she wants to be. And thank goodness ow drinks too much!!!Sorry but LMAO.that drives W crazy. We both had alcoholic parents.

I can ultimately forgive ow, and hopefully forget this sorry chapter. And I can forgive W as long as I can believe and trust her. As Brenee Brown hypothesizes, we're all doing our best. I love my W and have never stopped loving her. I can't wait for our hike tomorrow!

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
P
P
Originally Posted By: NYGal
And thank goodness ow drinks too much!!!Sorry but LMAO.that drives W crazy. We both had alcoholic parents.

This is true for H, OW, and me, too. OW drinks and had a father who was an angry, ranting alcoholic. H doesn't drink much with me around, but seems to go all out once he does, and would like to do it more, I think. His father was an angry, ranting alcoholic. I don't drink much at all, very, very rarely and very little. My father was a quiet, depressed alcoholic.

I wonder if W is talking about this in her IC? I've had a lot of therapy relating to my own situation.

As someone who reconciled not just once, I caution you to take it slow (and I know you know) and make sure that W is very, very certain about what she wants. And that this isn't swept under the rug.

Last edited by Cadet; 04/24/16 03:34 AM. Reason: Start a new thread

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline