Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am getting seriously annoyed with myself. I never wanted to be one of those people who couldnt be without a man. I have been absolutely fine on my own for the past two years and whilst I was keen on having a new partner it wasnt my priority and I wasnt doing anything actively towards it.

However since the coach incident I seem to now be obssessing about it. I cant seem to put the idea out of my head and have now convinced myself I need a man. Argh!!

I guess it was nice to have some attention and who doesnt like to be kissed!!

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!
First post: D Day has arrived
K
kml Offline
K
Nothing wrong with enjoying some male companionship. But you just don't want to be so needy that you latch onto the first guy.

L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Totally agree with you KML. I am little OCD in nature so need to be careful of that.

TBH I think I am just being a bit lazy as well and hoping that the first guy that shows interest will be my Knight in shining armour. However I think I may need to kiss a couple of frogs first ;-)

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Did I mention that the coach actually lives just around the corner from me. In fact he parks his car next to my garden. We also have a big communial field in front of us and I just saw him playing soccer with his son.

Intersting when I saw him - I am not stalking him I can see the field from my front windows - I thought 'Really????'

I think it is the idea of an exciting relationship that I am looking for not neccessary the coach himself.

Watch this space!!

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am so over the COACH episode!!! I got a text from him yesterday apologising for getting my name wrong in the text he sent me on friday. The text where he mentions that he is now seeing someone.

I actually thought that he had used the wrong name deliberately. A little back ground - at the soccer dinner that we all went to everyone kept getting my name wrong so we made a joke of it and it became my name for the night. (this is the night I went back to his place). So when he sent me the text on friday and used that wrong name I tought it was a joke.

Stupid niave me!!! He actually did get it wrong - it wasnt a mistake. What an idiot! And then to admit it as well to that he had got it wrong. All I can say is so glad that I dodged that bullet!

WHAT EVA ..........

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
S
S
Good attitude, Lea!

He has shown his true colours and as you say - you really dodged a bullet there.

Onward!

Barb

#2225440 02/27/12 07:27 PM
L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yeah G I think you may be right. It certainly did cross my mind. Interestingly I received a text from another single mom that was also at the soccer dinner the next day, after I went back to his place asking me if he had a made a move. I thought that was interesting that she was ask such a thing. I chalked it up to jealously but in hindsight I think it might have been asked based on experience on her part.

Also, now on reflection he asked me a couple of times to keep our rendevous private and also texted me to ask me to be discreet!!

I guess I was just too naive to notice the signs.

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
Also, now on reflection he asked me a couple of times to keep our rendevous private and also texted me to ask me to be discreet!!

Ha ha - THERE'S YOUR SIGN!

Never a good thing when a guy asks you to keep a secret. Usually means there's another woman out there somewhere who feels she has a claim to him.

L
lea74 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
KML - I think you are totally correct. Gabbysmom mentioned that perhaps he was lying or had someone else on the side and that seems like it might have been the case.

Damn I am so naive when it comes to this dating thing. I have been thinking that perhaps online dating may not be for me. I am such a novice and can be quite naive when it comes to people so it may be safer to meet someone through friends. Or friends or a friend, or maybe even friends of friends of friends.

Me 37 years young!!
S11
S7
T22
M14
D final 13.05.2010
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
Or friends or a friend, or maybe even friends of friends of friends.

Ha ha - I think that's called Facebook!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard