fig Offline
F
focusing on Switzerland is great

and

don't let someone talk you into letting them be your someone

and maybe he realized that he seemed to have fallen hard and backed up

he doesn't get to dictate the pace that you are comfortable with

he didn't let you down
he couldn't let you down unless you put yourself the position to let that happen

H
Hope_11 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Quote:
he couldn't let you down unless you put yourself the position to let that happen
Very true and I definitely put myself in the position to be let down. I never expected anything from B2, but I did from B3....live and learn. I guess that's what I continue to struggle with. How do you truly let someone in and not put yourself in the position to get hurt? As far as I see, you either are a cold person or you get hurt...it's lose-lose.

M:28, D finalized: 8/28/07
Current Thread

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
W
W
Hope,

Yes...men are ridiculous. They dive right in but then resurface 10 seconds later. When they first meet you and start planning the wedding, just keep it all at arms length.
Guys always do this. You have to just smile and tell yourself, we'll see.
I met a guy one night who is the best friend of my best friend. He was telling me all about future plans of things we'd do together etc. It wasn't even a date! He just joined a big group to the movies. Anyway, needless to say, I was excited that night after meeting him. Guess what? I've never even heard from him! He didn't get my number, which easily could have been done. And now I hear he is both obsessed with his neighbor AND has a gfriend from Europe coming to live with him!!!
Men easily fall, "in love," and quickly fall out again. They are fickle creatures and you need to let them prove themselves to you through their actions over a period of time, thus the them pursuiting you thing.
Anyway, you're doing great and I bet the Swiss men are hot hot hot!!! Plus they will probably LOVE your American accent. ;\)

L
L
I think some tall, handsome, blonde Swiss man is in your future!! Good luck to you on your new adventure!

H
Hope_11 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks you all for your comments.

I'm feeling a lot better. B3 called me back and we talked....what I thought was happening was. He doesn't want to get any more involved at this time because I'm leaving and he thinks we would just be setting ourselves up for rushing into something and getting hurt. I can understand that. I'm fine with leaving the door open and keeping the communication going. Maybe something will come out of this...maybe it won't but at least I will be able to leave for Switzerland knowing what is going on.

Now, back to focusing on me and Switzerland :-) Lots to do before I leave on the 26th.

Current Thread

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
H
Hope_11 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Wow....hard to believe but I leave in 3 days. I'm busy finishing up packing, getting things in order, and wrapping up things at work. I'm both excited and scared about this adventure that awaits me. I'm making the most out of it and hoping to come back with some clarity on what I want out of the next chapter of my life :-)

Current Thread

Y
Y
Hope,

It's hard to believe that the time is here for you to leave. I'm envious of you, really. It's going to be the start of a new chapter in your life. What an adventure! Just think, you can go over there and reinvent yourself, although you are perfect the way you are! Think of all the new experiences you will have. It won't hurt that you are a beautiful American woman, men will be flocking to you!

I think you should start a journal and let us live through you vicariously!

Hugs and best wishes,
Yoyo

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

H
Hope_11 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Yoyo,

I'll post again once I get settled in. This thread is about to lock, so I will be able to start my new journaling thread :-)

Hope you are doing well!

Current Thread

L
L
Start your new adventure thread when you get settled!! I am so sorry I couldn't get to lunch with you. March will be here before you know it! Are you coming home for the holidays at all?

Be safe and enjoy!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)

H
Hope_11 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile. Hard to believe but I've been in Zurich for 7 weeks already. Things are going well. It's been very interesting to see the culture, work, etc. differences. The language barrier has been a little worse than I expected but nothing I can't handle.

Been able to get out and see all kinds of sights in Switzerland. Next week I'm even venturing to Amsterdam.

This has been a great thing for me, but even moving 4,000 miles away doesn't fix it all. I still struggle daily with why my life has ended up like this and what will come of it. I had my 2 year anniversary of the bomb yesterday. Sure, I've survived...hell, I did more than survive....I thrived. God has helped me out tremendously, but I continue to struggle with not having someone else and wondering if I ever will again.

As I told my coworker who is working in Geneva when she said she was getting homesick....it's better to be lonely in a city where you don't know anyone than to be lonely in your own life where you know everyone.

Well, I just thought I would give a quick update that I'm doing well and living it up in Switzerland. Already a 1/3 done over here.

Current Thread

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard