Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
I
Imageer Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yet another thread. \:\(

Here is the last one is anyone has nothing better to do.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1189508&page=5#Post1189508

And away we go..........

M35 W37
S9 D6
M12 yrs Know 15 yrs
Bomb 1/28/07
My Sitch
Failure is the opportunity to start again more intelligently - Henry Ford
I
Imageer Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Quote:

Sorry for the threadjack Imageer.

Punk, Not only did you threadjack, you went and locked my thread. You should be ashamed of yourself ...... well not really but you do owe me a beer or something. \:\)

M35 W37
S9 D6
M12 yrs Know 15 yrs
Bomb 1/28/07
My Sitch
P
P
Hi Imageer, Just wanted to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May 2008 bring you good health, happiness and love, especially from your W. ~PH

PH's Thread
M
M
Merry Christmas Imageer! I hope you and your family have an excellent holiday!

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
I
Imageer Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thank you both. Actually I'm not looking forward to Christmas at all. I can imagine that I'm not alone in this feeling. Normally, I really look forward to the holidays but this year it's just making me miserable. I'm ofcouse putting on a happy face for the kids. I've also gotten them lots for Christmas. I don't think that W got them much because she has no money. S8 wanted a guitar for Christmas so W told him that she would get him one but he would have to wait until she had some money in the new year. He seemed to take that ok.

I was going to go out and buy him the guitar but I decided against it for a couple of reasons. I hunted around and got the kids a Wii and about 12 other things each for them. The other reason is that I don't want to take that pressure off W and solve her problem is this case. This is one of those instanses that I think she needs to feel the effects of her actions.

I haven't actually talked to W that much this week. I think she is somewhat mad at me. W and the kids are having their Christmas today. She told the kids that Santa Clause was coming to her house last night. Earlier in the week I asked her how that was suppose to work being that Santa Clause is suppose to come Christmas Eve, not 3 days before Christmas. I didn't really get an answer and she has hardly talked to me since.

M35 W37
S9 D6
M12 yrs Know 15 yrs
Bomb 1/28/07
My Sitch
P
P
Hi Imageer, Thanks so much for stopping TWICE on my thread to wish me well. Despite not looking forward to Christmas Day, I hope you still get to enjoy the family time with your kids. That's something that can never be taken away from you, unless you let it.

I think another reason for not getting the guitar is that it won't look like you're competing with your W for the kids' approval. It would show respect and consideration for your W's tight budget.

I wouldn't assume that she's mad at you just because she hasn't talked with you this week. It may be just a difficult time for her.

I REALLY admire your dedication to the family, and working 18-hour days to take care of the family. That on top of taking care of the emotional and physical needs of the kids. That's just awesome. You, MMF and CM, the same. You guys rock! ANd I know that God has rewards for your hard work and commitment to Him.

PH's Thread
I
Imageer Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks for your post PH. I appreciate your thoughts.

I had a perfect exemple of MLC selfishness today. If you don't know, W wanted me to have the kids over Christmas because wanted to go away with her friends. So I got them for the holidays today just after lunch today. I ended up picking both the kids and W up and dropping W off at her place. She looked really unkept but thats another story.

When she got in the car, W tells me that the kids really wanted to see me and that they have been looking forward to coming with me. I then turned to them and told them that I missed them. W them immediately had to turn to them and tell them that she was going to miss them over the next 2 weeks. Was she feeling inferior because I said that I missed the kids?

Then when I dropped her off, she says to the kids "Mommy loves you and I'll talk to you in a few days" !!!!! This is Christmas Eve! Is she not going to call the kids on Christmas day? She didn't actually mention Christmas at all. She didn't even say merry Christmas to the kids.

Unreal!

Anyway, Merry Christmas. I'm looking forward to the time with the kids.

M35 W37
S9 D6
M12 yrs Know 15 yrs
Bomb 1/28/07
My Sitch
P
P
Imageer, How do you interact with your W these days? Is the interaction warm or cool? Have you read "The Prodigal's Perspective" or "Prodigals Do Come Home"? These are from Rejoice Ministries. I found them helpful in seeing what the prodigal is going through and how the stander can affect the prodigal.

Life for the prodigal is not rosy at all - that might explain why she looked unkempt. I am sorry to hear that she didn't even wish the kids Merry Christmas - probably the guilt or maybe she forgot. Too bad she's not calling the kids tomorrow, either. I am sure she does love the kids, and she did say so.

It's nice that you are able to look forward to being with the kids. Have fun. It's nice that you have the kids to share your day with.

PH's Thread
I
Imageer Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Ph. I mean to pick up those books but haven't yet. I've heard they are good. I hope you had a good day.

W never did call today. Sad really but to me it really says that this thing goes much deeper than her and I. I already knew this but it helps to be reminded now and then.

Honestly, I'm glad Christmas is over. We had a good day today. I bought the kids a Wii and we played it all day with my family but I thought about my W constantly today. I really missed her today.

I'll make sure I get those books soon. Did you buy them directly from Rejoice or did you get them from Amazon?

M35 W37
S9 D6
M12 yrs Know 15 yrs
Bomb 1/28/07
My Sitch
P
P
Hi Imageer, I got those books from Rejoice Ministries website> Would you like the links to the books?

Glad you had a good day with the family. It's good you had the kids to share it with you even though it's tough missing your W. I know because I missed my H and stepsons very much. I still managed to enjoy parts of my day - watching movies and cooking. And opening presents with my dog. She wasn't too good at opening her present but was good at eating the treats she got.

PH's Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard