Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
A
andyuk Offline OP
OP Offline
A
....so hope it's not too late to wish you seasons's greetings Matilda. Hope you are well. Thank you for thinking of me.

Andy
A
amd Offline
A
Merry Christmas, Andy!!

amd
M
M
and now Happy New Year!!!

A
andyuk Offline OP
OP Offline
A
...where does the time go....AMD I did manage to catch up with your thread....slowly too. Matilda I couldn't spot one but I do recall you saying you may not start one. Apologies for being so neglectful. Hope you are all well. All good this side of the pond. \:\)

Andy
A
andyuk Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I've been asked the questions that follow a couple of times recently but am not really sure I have an answer. My situation was different so I never faced this scenario.

Your partner/spouse has said it's over. You are physically separated. The roller coaster starts, you go through the pleading, ILY's, explanations etc.... They don't respond to your SMS, e-mails, phone calls. There is no immediate reason to meet.

So you stop the chase, stop trying to make contact. GAL, look after you, try to detach . . .

But then what:

- do you simply wait for contact from your partner/spouse?
- or do you make contact and how long do you wait before making contact?
- what do you say when you make contact?

Andy
A
amd Offline
A
I think it depends on what the goal is after/while GALing and learning to love yourself. For instance, my H is really laying low these days. He doesn't answer his phone often and stops by VERY occasionally. My response is to text a "nice" message every 3 days or so, something like "Hope you had a great weekend! Be well." My goal is twofold:

1. to let him know I'm alive and doing very well, and
2. to make him wonder why the hell I'm texting and not calling--creating mystery, in other words.

Of course, my H is crazy MLC, so this may not apply to everyone.

I think the real key is where we all start: ask yourself what your goal is and plan from there.

Hope that helps somehow. What are you up to these days, Andy?

amd
A
andyuk Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It did help amd. Thank you. I will update soon. It's been an age since I posted anything.

Andy
A
amd Offline
A
Yeah, what's going on with you, dude? Fill us in!

amd
A
andyuk Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well, this thread has been going for a while.So thought it was time I posted.

Hard to believe but I joined 5 years ago. The children are 5 years older now of course. My son (now 18) has wheels and my daughter (16) would like some next year.

2009 was a funny old year. One of ups and downs. A Lemony Snicket kind of year in fact. It kicked off well but went a little awry about the point I totalled my car. It started a chain of events though that brought me to where I am now which is 7 months into a new relationship. The lady in question is gorgeous and has a young son. So I'm absolutely made up.

Strange though that the direction ones life can take hinges on such small details. A few m.p.h more or less, a few minutes more or less and things could have turned out so differently.

I'm going back to studying next year. Never too late I thought.

Andy
A
amd Offline
A
Andy, this is wonderful! Please fill in the details now:

* how did a car crash lead you to meet this woman?
* what will you be studying?
* how is it possible that your kids could be so grown up?

Be well.

amd
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard